House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sign_of_the_times

Visa Cards Not Working Today

just been declined at 2 seperate locations, phoned bank - they say its a visa international problem affecting ALL banks today

gonna be fun for anyone trying to pay into a theme park with a visa card today

just been declined at 2 seperate locations, phoned bank - they say its a visa international problem affecting ALL banks today

Or at one of those bank holiday bordello offers :blink:

Come to Colchester...before you need a visa to travel in the UK of course.

Is that a Visa debit or credit card, or both?

Partial failure on a bank holiday I can probably understand, but how can the whole bloody thing go down? Do they not have some sort of backup system in place?

Might we be in for a double bank holiday?

Edited by General Congreve

Partial failure on a bank holiday I can probably understand, but how can the whole bloody thing go down? Do they not have some sort of backup system in place?

Might we be in for a double bank holiday?

I am sure MT or I could give a long technical answer but the truth is companies take the magic of IT for granted and when something doesn't fail for years the bean counters cut back on resilience, failover systems, testing etc.

It operations is all about risk management and they got it wrong

They might of also been doing some major work on the system and reducing their spare fail over capacity so a relatively small incident might have caused bigger problems than normal

My Visa debit card worked at both an ATM and at a till today.

so, we have a scapegoat....the very last man to withdraw and broke the system....

So there we have it. OP spraffing utter BS.

Not so, d1ckhead....just quoting what my bank told me, they said it was an international problem across all banks and they were working to fix it...maybe its sorted now? (used my visa debit instead)

Not so, d1ckhead....just quoting what my bank told me, they said it was an international problem across all banks and they were working to fix it...maybe its sorted now? (used my visa debit instead)

So hoovering up utter BS and repeating it.

There is a timeline in this thread, and someone has been putting out utter BS.

Whatever dude...

You're still a d1ckhead though

Peace pal. I dont think you should slag him. There is a history of posts here on the theme of " o my god I just tried to withdraw money out of an atm or some such and it wouldn't cough up therefore the banking system must have collapsed I just cant think what else could have accounted for this I best warn everyone at HPC." So yours sort of falls into that category.

Peace pal. I dont think you should slag him. There is a history of posts here on the theme of " o my god I just tried to withdraw money out of an atm or some such and it wouldn't cough up therefore the banking system must have collapsed I just cant think what else could have accounted for this I best warn everyone at HPC." So yours sort of falls into that category.

my OP was simply a recount of what happened this a.m. and not intended as an OMG post. See the greek bank run thread if you want something more juicy...

Don't we want anecdotals on here anymore ?

my OP was simply a recount of what happened this a.m. and not intended as an OMG post. See the greek bank run thread if you want something more juicy...

You claimed that the whole Visa system was down - obviously complete bunk. Check your facts before you make an idiot of yourself on the internet.

The credibility is with you, not your bank brother, so my apologies for being provocative.

Yes, anecdotals are good, particularly as it seems we must take any statement from the financial services sector with a large pinch.

You claimed that the whole Visa system was down - obviously complete bunk. Check your facts before you make an idiot of yourself on the internet.

Well OP lives in : Doomonger land

What sort of posts do you expect? :rolleyes:

The credibility is with you, not your bank brother, so my apologies for being provocative.

Yes, anecdotals are good, particularly as it seems we must take any statement from the financial services sector with a large pinch.

Yes you've dragged down the tone of the entire HPC movement with your wild scaremongering this morning.

Don't you know that some of us base our entire financial future on random posts on an anonymous internet forum..........

I am sure MT or I could give a long technical answer but the truth is companies take the magic of IT for granted and when something doesn't fail for years the bean counters cut back on resilience, failover systems, testing etc.

Plus people assume that their money is in safe hands and that bankers take good care of it.

Whereas my experience of working in IT for various industries, is that the bank had the worst attitude to quality of all.