House Price Crash Forum

Irish Ferries Fire Irish Employees

HOLA441
HOLA442
And why would they do that!? Surely, it could only help their competitors?

(They serve Mexican food Idjit - That's why they call it "Taco" Bell).

doh !! you know what i mean . i was using flipping burgers as a metaphor for a deskilled crappy job .

thats why Moore filmed it, the manager siad he had hired ex-GM employees and claimed they quit because they were not up to the demands of making and serving Tacos.

these were skilled technicians and engineers.

Because they're foreign and therefore don't have a vote?

"According to the Office of National Statistics, the number of foreigners taking up residency in Britain rose from 107,000 in 1997, when Prime Minister Tony Blair took office, to 236,200 in 2003, about half of them on work permits. The annual number of foreigners granted British citizenship rose from 37,010 to 124,315 over that period."

so maybe thats 500,000 granted citizenship over the lasy 8 years .

thats 500,000 potential Labour voters.

they aint gonna vote Tory or Lib Dem are they ??

Edited by sammac1967

HOLA443
HOLA444
Guest magnoliawalls
Because they're foreign and therefore don't have a vote?

If you come to this country as a foreigner one of the few ways you can get a bank account is by getting on the electoral roll.

To do this you fill out a form - there are no obvious checks. I am not a UK national and I was given a vote in the last election - a Scottish friend was given three.

HOLA445
If you come to this country as a foreigner one of the few ways you can get a bank account is by getting on the electoral roll.

To do this you fill out a form - there are no obvious checks. I am not a UK national and I was given a vote in the last election - a Scottish friend was given three.

three votes ? where ? i lived in a flat once in Mohammed Sarwar's (disgraced ex-Labour MP) constituency in Glasgow and there was one another tenant who was from Pakistan.

in the run up to the election I swear about a dozen voters cards came through the door all for Pakistan names. And they were all taken,

Labour are notorious at this kind of stuff.

Just ask George Galloway. He was able to criticise it in Betnal Green because he used to be in the party of the Orwellian slime and knew exactly what they got up to.,

HOLA446
Guest magnoliawalls
three votes ? where ? i lived in a flat once in Mohammed Sarwar's (disgraced ex-Labour MP) constituency in Glasgow and there was one another tenant who was from Pakistan.

in the run up to the election I swear about a dozen voters cards came through the door all for Pakistan names. And they were all taken,

Labour are notorious at this kind of stuff.

Just ask George Galloway. He was able to criticise it in Betnal Green because he used to be in the party of the Orwellian slime and knew exactly what they got up to.,

The friend lives in East Renfrewshire - a likely Labour constituency? :ph34r:

HOLA447

My local Lidl had posters in their windows seeking staff for months. Someone told me that they were paying £6.50 to £7.50 per hour (but this is heresay).

Over the last 4 weeks or so I noticed that there are three young Polish girls employed in the store and that they have made an immense contribution to the store`s operation. They are polite, happy, industrious and speak very good English.

If only our home grown chavs had just half the brain of these young Poles or spoke as well.

horace.

HOLA448
Guest Charlie The Tramp
Shareholders provide capital to create and sustain productive businesses.

Can you explain how this happens.

I understand that once a company sells shares to the public, trading of these shares in future is from one investor to another and the company gains nothing.

I know companies can raise money from existing shareholders, cannot recall what this called but this does not seem to happen very often. :unsure:

HOLA449
My local Lidl had posters in their windows seeking staff for months. Someone told me that they were paying £6.50 to £7.50 per hour (but this is heresay).

Over the last 4 weeks or so I noticed that there are three young Polish girls employed in the store and that they have made an immense contribution to the store`s operation. They are polite, happy, industrious and speak very good English.

If only our home grown chavs had just half the brain of these young Poles or spoke as well.

horace.

you defo have a point. the british lower orders (its probably even worse in scotland than england ) are about the worst ive ever seen.

why ? industrialisation , deferment to rank , under-education, bullying by the ruling classes, the need of the ruling classes to keep a pool of labour and cannon-fodder to fight their never-ending wars , the disassociation of most people from the land, the agricultural clearances, slum dwellings etc etc

these must be largely to blame. but above all they are as narrow-minded as a bottleneck . they surely only have themselves to blame for that,

HOLA4410