House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Errol

Spanish Police Brutality Multiple Choice Time

When is the best time to attack a woman if you are a Spanish policeman?

1) When she is non-threatening

2) When she is defenseless

3) When you are caught on tape

4) Anytime really

5) All of the above

This Spanish upholder of the law has just passed with flying colors: fast forward to 30 seconds in.

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/spanish-police-brutality-multiple-choice-time

When is the best time to attack a woman if you are a Spanish policeman?

As Injin predicted, nearing the collaspe governments will become nasty in a futile attempt to stay in control before inevitably shrinking. There will be more nastiness to come yet! A Tianamen square type event will occur in Europe, tanks and live ammo will be used against civvies.

I have never understood why we have such ineffective protest tactics in Europe. All this running forward and backwards, taunting the police, smashing things up, setting things alight: all it does is just set half the country who disapproves of wrecking stuff against the other half, and someone always gets hurt.

In my view, it is a far better idea to sit down and bang pans. Outside a government building. For 24 hours. You could do it in a rota. :D

I used to think a lot about this back in the late 90s and early noughties when I went on a lot of demos. It was all just so un-effective; there wasn't anything truly remarkable about it, and is was so easily dismissed as "the usual troublemakers". I used to wonder whether it might all have more of an impact if everyone turned up in a suit and tie, and marched in silence.

I'm sure people will get the chance to refine their protest tactics over the next year or two.

Protesters should spread out - groups of less than, say 50. Kettling won't work, and should TSHTF you can do a pincer movement on the baton weilding thugs. :ph34r:

Seriously, from what I had seen on the news, the protests in Spain looked pretty civilised and peacful. Guess I was wrong. This isn't going to end well.

I have never understood why we have such ineffective protest tactics in Europe. All this running forward and backwards, taunting the police, smashing things up, setting things alight: all it does is just set half the country who disapproves of wrecking stuff against the other half, and someone always gets hurt.

...Because of police tactics.

Kettling, or rounding up, never allowing folk to have firm ground.

Agent provocatuers, plants to wind up the crowds and create false flags.

Non-lethal deterrents, sonic weapons, C2 gas, water cannons, bean bags and rubber bullets, tasers.

Intelligence, monitoring of emails, social media, meetings and rallys.

Budget, riot police generally have unlimited and black budgets, backed by both the state and unnamed sources, ie banks and big business.

...Because the general idiocy, disorganisation and cowardice of the protesters.

This lot can't even hold a few hour vigil without having to prance off to McDonalds or top up their mobile phones.

Too scared to put up a fight for fear of a black mark on their record, or a broken nose.

Hence, the cops beat you up.

Britain was brought to its knees by the actions of a skinny old man in robes in India, who was prepared to die for his cause. None of these people are starving or homeless, they're just spoiled middle class kids looking for something to fill the day instead of Xbox and the pub.

As Injin predicted, nearing the collaspe governments will become nasty in a futile attempt to stay in control before inevitably shrinking. There will be more nastiness to come yet! A Tianamen square type event will occur in Europe, tanks and live ammo will be used against civvies.

Not pleasant to watch, but unsurprising. Proper nasty thugs dressed as stormtroopers who have a monopoly on legal violence.

I do however doubt that tanks or live ammo will ever be used, at least not unless protesters begin arming themselves with serious weapons. Rubber bullets yes, water canons yes, cs gas yes. All of these I can imagine being 'justified' as means of 'crowd control'. But tanks on the street would be the end of government and society as we know it (martial law).

Not saying it won't happen though.

Get some ******ing iron bars and fight the ******er back.

Exactly.

These kids are all running around in shock, scared to the point of touching cloth.

The cops are just having a field day which these lambs.

Maybe with THESE lambs, but these images maybe enough to get more "serious" protestors out.

(EDIT: in which case they have served a purpose in their cause)

I'll also add, the more we see of the police battering peaceful protesters, the large the head of steam when the whole thing blows. It doesn't scare people off, it just inflates the situation

I'd say getting beaten up on camera in a very asymmetric situation magnifies the brutality of the state and stirs even the most sedentary to do something about it. At some point a line will be crossed and those iron bars will come out. In large numbers.

Maybe with THESE lambs, but these images maybe enough to get more "serious" protestors out.

(EDIT: in which case they have served a purpose in their cause)

Perhaps. But violent protest is akin to civil war, and you need to arm yourself. Civil war always starts as protest, usually from the impoverished part of a city centre.

Which is why this Libya nonsense is a joke. Since when did 'civil war' start with the capture of oilfields and setting up a central bank? Haha. Western backed merc's are at play here. But I digress.

As for Spain, well, non-violent protest has not yet been relegated to the history books.

Here's what's going to happen. People are going to get beat up and killed in Spain, Europe.

None of the actors are going to be ousted, none prosecuted. By actors I mean the established families, the banks, corporations who are funding the civil strafe.

There's money in conflict. When people figure that part out, maybe there might be some outcome.

I agree with what you are saying.

As has been demonstrated in the Middle East, modern communication (social networking) is a new facet to the whole protest scenario.

Can you imagine what would happen if our government switched the internet off due to organised protest. It would be the big WTF moment that wakes a lot of people up to what is happening in the world.

In the internet age, people are more informed and I think they do realise that the governments are just puppets of the real puppetmasters. I think people are aware of who the real culprits are.

When all is said and done, the powerful need the proles and blood is the only fuel to bring about change. What a f**ked up world we live in.

...Because of police tactics.

Kettling, or rounding up, never allowing folk to have firm ground.

Britain was brought to its knees by the actions of a skinny old man in robes in India, who was prepared to die for his cause. None of these people are starving or homeless, they're just spoiled middle class kids looking for something to fill the day instead of Xbox and the pub.

Quite.

The only way to go about this (other than escalation) is to protest in the middle of winter. In your swimming gear. Once a kettle starts, strip off and burn the warm clothes in front of the cameras and coppers. Sit down.

Wait for medical evacuation.

They wear too much armour to catch anyone who wishes to stay away from them. It would do them no good at all against someone proficient in ju-jitsu, which was designed to tackle armoured opponents The solution has to be to run the police back and forth until they overheat..

The police's main advantage comes from their superior organisation. An organised protest would have people walking around with radio jammers preventing C&C receiving updates and moving the troops around.

The pub is the problem in the western culture. You recall how the native American Indians were subdued with the firewater? This is why drinking is encouraged.

They wear too much armour to catch anyone who wishes to stay away from them. It would do them no good at all against someone proficient in ju-jitsu, which was designed to tackle armoured opponents The solution has to be to run the police back and forth until they overheat..

surprised that's a tactic not been used especially in a hot country on an opposition dressed in black full armour

You may not have noticed but the Spanish Police carry side arms.

Well in that case, you will find yourself armed when the cop you hit over the head falls to the ground and you take his gun.

That should even things up a bit.

Alternatively, a side arm is no defence against being set on fire.

The solution has to be to run the police back and forth until they overheat..

That's when they get weird though. Too much adrenaline.

Besides, it don't know whether it has changed now, but the longer a riot goes on, the more overtime the police get. So while you are busy running up and down, that riot policeman is simply thinking of all the pennies you are helping him clock up. :lol:

In my view, it is a far better idea to sit down and bang pans. Outside a government building. For 24 hours. You could do it in a rota. :D

I used to think a lot about this back in the late 90s and early noughties when I went on a lot of demos. It was all just so un-effective; there wasn't anything truly remarkable about it, and is was so easily dismissed as "the usual troublemakers". I used to wonder whether it might all have more of an impact if everyone turned up in a suit and tie, and marched in silence.

Remember the bridge in Cairo? A bunch of people just knelt and prayed before the line of police - they got smashed with water canon, but they kept on kneeling and bowing. The police melted away. Amazing dignity.

I heard on the beeb, that a very effective protest was mounted in Spain against Franco. Everyone stayed home and made tea. At exactly the same time. Brings the city to a standstill, and no-one has done anything wrong (except, nowadays, an attempt to organise such a synchronised tea-drinking would probably result in terrorist charges).

I heard on the beeb, that a very effective protest was mounted in Spain against Franco. Everyone stayed home and made tea. At exactly the same time. Brings the city to a standstill, and no-one has done anything wrong (except, nowadays, an attempt to organise such a synchronised tea-drinking would probably result in terrorist charges).

And there would always be selfish estate agents, bankers and other 'live to work' ***** who would simply continue going to work.

Spot on. You need something simple and effective. Get the iron bars out and you'll soon have two bunches of mindless thugs fighting each other, one with police uniforms on and one without, both of them deserving of the other and neither of them what you want to run the country.