House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SarahBell

Debt Management Cons

Many of those people on debt management plans have been paying in to companies who have now gone bust witout paying the money to the companies owed the money.

There's one company gone bust who was taking £400 a month off one family - and they supposed to have 1000 + similar families... That's a LOT of money they've taken in and run off with.

Presumably there are lots of companies set up just to extract the pee and take the money and run ... Even the more legitimate ones were never good value for the companies owed money.

Will be interesting to see how many repo's have been held off by this sort of thing - that will now tumble on to the market in one go.

Theives and extortionists used to have to be vicious hard men. These days it all seems to be done by lawyers and accountants.

People are still menaced by speculative scattergun demands from debt repurchase agencies and thugs at their doors in the guise of bailiffs, but the real actors have no direct involvement.

Our rail and road networks are laid with financial traps for the unwary.

Civic life seems to me so degraded I see the appeal of mob justice over the "rationality" of the law.

I suppose it just shows that people dumb enough to volunteer for debt slavery are dumb enough to be easily conned.

A bit harsh freeholder.

Yes, little sympathy from me for the majority of debtors, but having taken a statutorily prescribed route out of their problems they should be entitled to expect the regulated deal as described.

Also lets not forget the outfits dumb enough to lend them the money.

A bit harsh freeholder.

Yes, little sympathy from me for the majority of debtors, but having taken a statutorily prescribed route out of their problems they should be entitled to expect the regulated deal as described.

Also lets not forget the outfits dumb enough to lend them the money.

All true.

If we get a wave of repos cos of this then that'll be interesting.

How long would a company wait not being paid by a debt management company before alarm bells ring?

Maybe this is one of the reasons there haven't been as many repos.

Theives and extortionists used to have to be vicious hard men. These days it all seems to be done by lawyers and accountants.

People are still menaced by speculative scattergun demands from debt repurchase agencies and thugs at their doors in the guise of bailiffs, but the real actors have no direct involvement.

Our rail and road networks are laid with financial traps for the unwary.

Civic life seems to me so degraded I see the appeal of mob justice over the "rationality" of the law.

Bring it on :rolleyes:

If we get a wave of repos cos of this then that'll be interesting.

How long would a company wait not being paid by a debt management company before alarm bells ring?

Maybe this is one of the reasons there haven't been as many repos.

Debt management companies don't deal with secured lending.