House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
InlikeFlynn

Scottish House Prices Return To 2007 Levels

And the Scotsman give a reasonable view of the story.

Sctsman

Saw this story mentioned on reporting Scotland this morning. It was done in an alltogether cheery way. Not sure if they were trying to say that prices back to 2007 levels was good or not. Very vague. I suppose that is how they should report these stories ! Rather than continually give their personal opinoins as to what is good or not.

prices down 3.6% in Q1 of 2011. A rather different story from the headline!

It's good to see those falls.

I don't know much about Scottish house prices, but from what I can see at the moment in Edinburgh (comparing to past sold prices in zoopla) - there's 1000s of houses priced as if the year today was 2007 not 2011. Sometimes I view properties on ESPC for entertainment value as I can't understand pricing of some of those Edinburgh dark and damp shoeboxes (aka flats)...

The only good thing is that from what I hear very few people chase after houses in Edinburgh at the moment, so I imagine the process of buying must be less stressful when compared with the situation in 2007 when people where putting offers in almost before viewing because of the volume of interest.

Edited by Pole

This was covered on the Scottish news last night. At the start the presenter spoke of the gloom of the housing market (i.e. price drops) linked to the weak economy. Some prat VI at the end was saying how the centre was holding up more than anywhere else (he really emphasised the point)... and at the end the commentary said how we are back onto a road to recovery for the huosing market.

Laughable.

Today the Scotsman gives us Millions trapped by property slump.

HUNDREDS of thousands of young Scottish homeowners - among millions across the UK - have little hope of climbing the property ladder any time soon, a new report states.

The study reveals 53 per cent of homeowners aged 18-34 would like to buy a new home within the next two years but 44 per cent think it is unrealistic that they will be able to do so because of the low value of their property, the difficulty in finding a mortgage and a lack of suitable properties for sale.

As a result of buying during the property bubble, an estimated two million homeowners across the UK are "trapped" and have no chance of trading up.

:huh: Property bubble? Are they saying we've had a property bubble?