House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
maja

Galliard The Disillery

I have been threatened with being sued by Galliards, if I cannot complete on two flats that I exchanged on four years ago. I know what the law says, and that I should complete, however, four years ago, the banks were very different, and now they wont lend on these apartments. I wanted to know if anyone else out there had any 1st hand experience of Galliard when faced with not being able to complete?

I have been threatened with being sued by Galliards, if I cannot complete on two flats that I exchanged on four years ago. I know what the law says, and that I should complete, however, four years ago, the banks were very different, and now they wont lend on these apartments. I wanted to know if anyone else out there had any 1st hand experience of Galliard when faced with not being able to complete?

*gets a beer and a paper and sits back to watch the interesting comments on the way....*

Sorry maja - you're not going to get a lot of sympathy around here - this is housepricecrash.co.uk, and most of us are waiting for or betting on a crash occurring which doesn't seem to have materialised yet except in Eire & N.I.

Which means that there's a lot of frustrated and angry posters around who may not be in the mood to give you legal advice since it looks like you were taking a punt on a property investment which turned out badly. You would happily have banked the profits, so you may have to take the loss instead.

In your shoes, I would personally get a good sharp brief to look up some case law on the subject to see if there are any loopholes in your contract.

Failing that, threaten to declare bankrupctcy and negotiate the best position you can from that stance.

Post or PM some details - location , deposit paid, deadline to complete, market value today (realistic)

I know someone (cash buyer) who might buy your position from you..if it is simply a funding issue shouldn’t hurt you too much …if the valuations have shot massively south then perhaps a different story.

cheers

Post or PM some details - location , deposit paid, deadline to complete, market value today (realistic)

I know someone (cash buyer) who might buy your position from you..if it is simply a funding issue shouldn’t hurt you too much …if the valuations have shot massively south then perhaps a different story.

cheers

Hi & thanks for the replies.

i am not looking for sympathy, or legal advice - as I said, I am aware of the legal position and you quite rightly state that I took a punt and it didn't work out - if it had, of course, I would be happier. I feel I should complete, after all, Galliards are not at fault - just the economy. I just wanted to hear from others in a similar predicament and find out what, if anything they managed to do.

With regard to selling the position - I would be interested in selling one of them perhaps. How do we disuss outside of the forum?

sounds like the cube in Birmingham. From what I understand they are being forced to complete on flats that are worth much less than the agreed price (surprise surprise) and that they cannot get mortgages on.

I can't see the problem, the housing market is much like any other financial market, leveraged speculating is a risky business and many get burned.