House Price Crash Forum
SarahBell

Hoooge Price Drop

If you are thinking of buying it make sure you allow some cash for constantly having the gutters cleaned. With a concertina roof like that below all those trees the gutters might be permanently clogged with leaves etc.

Lovely house, although part of the inside reminds me of a pub. The price is just nuts though. If I had that cash then I would be buying somewhere where the sun was guaranteed and the sea was warm and clear.

It's not exactly within the budget of 99.999% of visitors to this site though.

Not for the visitors, and most of the active posters would have to swallow their pride and downsize if they wanted to live in it.

It all counts and were barely into the crash yet

Been lurking here for a good few years now but the discussions about whether gold has reached its peak or whether I should move my money out of sterling and into CHF don't really have a big impact on my life.

On this occasion I thought I should pipe up on this thread as this house is about three quarters of a mile from me and is in an idyllic spot. Worth anywhere near that amount? No way, but what do I know.

The owner is also trying to shift this I believe:

http://www.westerntelegraph.co.uk/news/8231843.Cliff_top_resort_comes_with___7_5_million_price_tag/

No doubt being Chairman of the Wales Tourist Board (as was) had its perks!

TLL

(after TMT)

Been lurking here for a good few years now but the discussions about whether gold has reached its peak or whether I should move my money out of sterling and into CHF don't really have a big impact on my life.

On this occasion I thought I should pipe up on this thread as this house is about three quarters of a mile from me and is in an idyllic spot. Worth anywhere near that amount? No way, but what do I know.

The owner is also trying to shift this I believe:

http://www.westerntelegraph.co.uk/news/8231843.Cliff_top_resort_comes_with___7_5_million_price_tag/

No doubt being Chairman of the Wales Tourist Board (as was) had its perks!

TLL

(after TMT)

Welcome TLL. As an aside, dont ever mention the "g" word again on the main forum and we'll all get along swimmingly.

Is it in a bit of a dodgy setting.... geographically speaking ?

Seems wo have a whiff of Boscastle about it.

No if you look at the &searchp=ids.srf&mapp=map.srf"]OS map it seems quite a small catchment area

Is it in a bit of a dodgy setting.... geographically speaking ?

Seems wo have a whiff of Boscastle about it.

:)

I didn't think of Boscastle, but I did think of tsunamis.

You wouldn't need a very large one to wipe out that place, it would funnel in nicely.

I'd love a house by the sea - but at least 20 metres above sea level with somewhere else for a tidal surge to go.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-32021819.html

30 April 2011

Price changed: from '£2,950,000' to '£2,900,000'

31 March 2011

Price changed: from '£3,500,000' to '£2,950,000'

21 December 2010

Initial entry found.

Nice location.

Not sure why it's described as "park home for sale"...

Saw this and thought of you!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-16926528.html?utm_source=rmrssfeed&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=buying&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=SirBenfro

Now down to £1,955,000

Yet another hooooooooge price drop.

TLL