House Price Crash Forum
The Masked Tulip

Do You Believe House Prices Are About To Collapse?

The 'No' camp is clearly winning on the below DM article.

You`re being ironic I take it? Sounds like a bear fest to me, apart from the daft post at number #2, which is obviously a wind up. Stuff like this is just preping the sheeple for the inevitable, which is of course a collapse.

You`re being ironic I take it? Sounds like a bear fest to me, apart from the daft post at number #2, which is obviously a wind up. Stuff like this is just preping the sheeple for the inevitable, which is of course a collapse.

Look at the Poll window near the bottom...

Do you believe house prices are about to collapse?

Results so far;

Yes 42%

No 52%

:angry:

The 'No' camp is clearly winning on the below DM article.

You must be reading different posts to me. :o

Welcome to the world of ''Market-Forces''.....strange that so many people were keen to adopt its benefits on the ''way up'', but are reluctant to sing its praises on the ''way down''........better get used to it, this ''dog-day'' has '5' more years to run, and perhaps more.!

- cassius, britannia, 26/5/2011 12:05

Click to rate Rating 25

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brilliant comment by Mr Baker of Gwent. I've often wondered how much difference it would make to our economy if so much of people's monthly expenditure wasn't being hoovered up by mortgage payments, rent payments, saving for a deposit etc. The powers that be have allowed this country to paint itself into a corner and now wonder why we're not spending our way out of recession.

- Hugh Hall, Bath, Somerset, 26/5/2011 11:40

Click to rate Rating 30

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The banks are refusing to lend to people or companies, they are ignoring the government because they all know who the real government is. Property prices are directly related to the amount of money in the system and the banks are refusing to lend money hence the stagnation. Periodically they create a financial Armageddon from which very few people in the world benefit but those that do, do so exponentially.

- Rob, E17, 26/5/2011 11:12

Click to rate Rating 17

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"...Economists warn it could get worse." Nope! It WILL get worse. In fact, the worst hasn't happened yet. You're on borrowed time, with the USA in deep sh*t. But you know what they say; "When America sneezes, the rest of the world catches a cold"...and the USA has pneumonia.'

- One Knight in Bangkok, Thailand, 26/5/2011 10:28

Click to rate Rating 56

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1391000/Mortgage-approvals-fall-new-low--economists-warn-worse.html#ixzz1NT0dLAxt

Results so far;

Yes 42%

No 52%

Didn`t see that, I went by the first few posts. Still wouldn`t have got 42% in 2006 :lol: . Would like to see this poll in a years time :lol::lol: . Unless it`s just rigged of course, then it is just as I said, a preping exercise?

You must be reading different posts to me. :o

Welcome to the world of ''Market-Forces''.....strange that so many people were keen to adopt its benefits on the ''way up'', but are reluctant to sing its praises on the ''way down''........better get used to it, this ''dog-day'' has '5' more years to run, and perhaps more.!

- cassius, britannia, 26/5/2011 12:05

Click to rate Rating 25

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brilliant comment by Mr Baker of Gwent. I've often wondered how much difference it would make to our economy if so much of people's monthly expenditure wasn't being hoovered up by mortgage payments, rent payments, saving for a deposit etc. The powers that be have allowed this country to paint itself into a corner and now wonder why we're not spending our way out of recession.

- Hugh Hall, Bath, Somerset, 26/5/2011 11:40

Click to rate Rating 30

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The banks are refusing to lend to people or companies, they are ignoring the government because they all know who the real government is. Property prices are directly related to the amount of money in the system and the banks are refusing to lend money hence the stagnation. Periodically they create a financial Armageddon from which very few people in the world benefit but those that do, do so exponentially.

- Rob, E17, 26/5/2011 11:12

Click to rate Rating 17

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"...Economists warn it could get worse." Nope! It WILL get worse. In fact, the worst hasn't happened yet. You're on borrowed time, with the USA in deep sh*t. But you know what they say; "When America sneezes, the rest of the world catches a cold"...and the USA has pneumonia.'

- One Knight in Bangkok, Thailand, 26/5/2011 10:28

Click to rate Rating 56

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1NT0dLAxt

Thats what I thought, results seem to say different. I think all on here know what Mr. Reality and Mr. Market say?

Thats what I thought, results seem to say different. I think all on here know what Mr. Reality and Mr. Market say?

Its a stup poll as you can refresh the page and keep clicking yesy...not that would do that

apart from the daft post at number #2, which is obviously a wind up.

From somebody in Thailand?

I wonder who that might be? :D

They've already collapsed in real terms, but still have further to go...

2zfpyed.gif

Err, yeah thats right, because all of us working here in the UK are paid in ounces of gold aren't we. dry.gif

:P

Results so far;

Yes 42%

No 58%

Getting there...

Yes 43%

No 57%%

c'mon

B)

"About to" - as in this week? This month? Next month? This year? By next year?

"Collapse" - as in suddenly fall off a cliff? Much more sharply than at present? Or as in an acceleration of current falls?

Confess I'd have to say no to falling off a cliff before the end of this week. But as to next year...

Come on!!! DONE on my mobile, now home to do on my pc, then renew the Ip address... you know the score....

Come on!!! DONE on my mobile, now home to do on my pc, then renew the Ip address... you know the score....

Actually, all you need to do is delete the dailymail.co.uk cookie (or just the line which sets the poll flag).