House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SHERWICK

Ratko Mladic Arrested In Serbia

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13561407

Ratko Mladic, wanted by UN prosecutors for war crimes during the Bosnian civil war, has been arrested in Serbia after a decade in hiding.

Serbian President Boris Tadic confirmed the arrest of the former Bosnian Serb army chief at a news conference.

Gen Mladic is accused of a key role in the massacre of at least 7,500 men and boys at Srebrenica in 1995.

He was the most prominent Bosnian war crimes suspect at large since the arrest of Radovan Karadzic in 2008.

President Tadic said work was under way to extradite Gen Mladic to the international war crimes tribunal in The Hague.

The detention, he said, had closed one chapter in Serbian history, bringing the country and the region closer to reconciliation.

It had also opened the doors to membership of the European Union, he added.

Gen Mladic was said by Serbian media to have been arrested in Vojvodina, a northern province of Serbia, in the early hours of Thursday morning. President Tadic would only confirm he had been arrested "on Serbian soil".

Top suspect Gen Mladic was indicted by the UN war crimes tribunal in The Hague in 1995 for genocide over the killings that July at Srebrenica - the worst single atrocity in Europe since World War II - and other crimes.

Having lived freely in the Serbian capital, Belgrade, he disappeared after the arrest of former Yugoslav President Slobodan Milosevic in 2001.

Speculation mounted that Gen Mladic would soon be arrested when Mr Karadzic was captured in Belgrade in July 2008.

Just before news of Thursday's arrest, UN war crimes chief prosecutor Serge Brammertz accused Serbia of failing to do enough to find Gen Mladic.

"The capture is the biggest obligation of Serbia," he said in a report sent to the UN Security Council.

"Until now efforts by Serbia to detain fugitives have not been sufficient."

about bl**dy time this man was arrested.

Please send back the bullets I lent you Uncle Ratko! :huh:

This is pretty ripe from you who condones the continual ethnic cleansing in Palestine/Israel.

Go back to bothering people from under your bridge.

I thought that may be mentioned...:rolleyes:

If you think this is identical then that's up to you - I'm sure about 1 billion people agree with you in any case!

As with Bin Liner, the authorities in the country Mladić was holed up knew perfectly well where he was: indeed, there have been sightings of him leading a relatively normal life at regular intervals since the end of the war. The question is why they chose to pick him up and hand him over now. The knowledge that their economy is about to implode and that bailouts will be needed?

Spot on.

As with Bin Liner, the authorities in the country Mladić was holed up knew perfectly well where he was: indeed, there have been sightings of him leading a relatively normal life at regular intervals since the end of the war. The question is why they chose to pick him up and hand him over now. The knowledge that their economy is about to implode and that bailouts will be needed?

+1/(1-0.56)

history is written by the victors. remember that when you see parades of justice like this.

history is written by the victors. remember that when you see parades of justice like this.

so you don't think this is justice?

There does seems to be a fair bit of what might be called tidying up just recently with the arab spring, OBL and now this arrest.

he'll be too ill, too old, too mental to stand trial.

Apparently under orders his troops killed 8000 muslims.....

Curiously when Tony Blair ordered his troops to kill a large number of muslims, its A-OK because of victors justice.

Go visit the Beijing military museum (if you're not Chinese it costs 100rmb to get in as a bribe) and you can see victors justice with the revisionist history against the KMT. You can see a similar museum in Taipei which says the same things about the CCP in China.

Apparently under orders his troops killed 8000 muslims.....

Curiously when Tony Blair ordered his troops to kill a large number of muslims, its A-OK because of victors justice.

As you know, I detest Tony Blair more than anyone... however, even I can see the difference between what Mladic is alleged to have done and what Tony Blair has done.

I.e. one gave an order to execute already surrended men and boys. The other gave an order to carry out a war and not to execute captured POWs.

Can you see the difference?

As you know, I detest Tony Blair more than anyone... however, even I can see the difference between what Mladic is alleged to have done and what Tony Blair has done.

I.e. one gave an order to execute already surrended men and boys. The other gave an order to carry out a war and not to execute captured POWs.

Can you see the difference?

I'm not so sure about that, politicians such as Thatcher have ordered no quarter be given. Just not in such overt and unmistakable terms. The Iranian embassy siege for instance the SAS troops were told to execute all the hostage takers. Is it a massive leap of imagination to consider Blair also issued orders such as abusing detainees etc?

Saw it on TV , Cameron going on about how bad this guys war crimes were.

When is Cameron making a trip to the Hague for war crime hearings over the Libya fiasco?

Cameron , Blair , Bush etc make this guy look like a part timer when it comes to war crimes.

Saw it on TV , Cameron going on about how bad this guys war crimes were.

When is Cameron making a trip to the Hague for war crime hearings over the Libya fiasco?

Cameron , Blair , Bush etc make this guy look like a part timer when it comes to war crimes.

Mladic wasn't stopped from murdering 8000 people and people like you whine about it.

Gaddafi has been stopped from murdering more than 8000 people and, yeah, you guessed it, you're whining.

Mladic wasn't stopped from murdering 8000 people and people like you whine about it.

Gaddafi has been stopped from murdering more than 8000 people and, yeah, you guessed it, you're whining.

I bet you the coalition air strikes on Libya will kill more than 8000.

We got a deal? I will put up 100 pounds.

Better start walking to your nearest ATM.

But those don't count because when we kill people it doesn't matter its A-OK! But when others do it, then it suddenly becomes very evil.

You can see this through much of history. Britain for example waged a terror bombing campaign against Germany. It was even called terror bombing and civlians were deliberately carpet bombed. Yet when Germany did the Blitz they were suddenly very very evil when they did it with he V1 and V2 weapons they were considered even more evil. Even though we pretty much did the exact same thing i.e. bombed civilians.

Tell you what.... instead of smugly waving your 100 quid around why don't I arrange for you to meet up with a friend of mine.... a very nice chap called Ahmed... a living breathing, bona fide LIBYAN exile,

From the $hit you post it's obvious you've never met anyone from Libya and haven't heard first hand testament to what actually goes on under the Gaddafi regime.

+ 1

But those don't count because when we kill people it doesn't matter its A-OK! But when others do it, then it suddenly becomes very evil.

You can see this through much of history. Britain for example waged a terror bombing campaign against Germany. It was even called terror bombing and civlians were deliberately carpet bombed. Yet when Germany did the Blitz they were suddenly very very evil when they did it with he V1 and V2 weapons they were considered even more evil. Even though we pretty much did the exact same thing i.e. bombed civilians.

I'm not so sure about that, politicians such as Thatcher have ordered no quarter be given. Just not in such overt and unmistakable terms. The Iranian embassy siege for instance the SAS troops were told to execute all the hostage takers. Is it a massive leap of imagination to consider Blair also issued orders such as abusing detainees etc?

Ken me old mate, if you can't tell the difference between SAS troops executing (of they did) all hostage takers (which they obviously were) and Mladic taking many defenceless men and many very young boys to a forest and then killing then, I'm afraid to say, there is no hope for you.

Regarding the bombing by the UK on Germany and the bombing by Germany on the UK, in this case you're right, they were exactly the same.

Tell you what.... instead of smugly waving your 100 quid around why don't I arrange for you to meet up with a friend of mine.... a very nice chap called Ahmed... a living breathing, bona fide LIBYAN exile,

From the $hit you post it's obvious you've never met anyone from Libya and haven't heard first hand testament to what actually goes on under the Gaddafi regime.

Ahh the eternal cry of the far left.What they don't realise is if the rebels (AKA Al-Qaida Muslim Brotherhood) were to take over Libya life there would be far worse than under Gaddafi.As for your friend i hope he is enjoying life on benefits , thats the real reason he came to the UK.

no, what I am saying is that there are many many similar operatives in the world, in many countries, that cause as much suffering, and only those on the losing side end up in a trial like this