House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vested Disinterest

Channel 4 News Last Night

A segment about potential deployment of the Apache attack helicopter in Libya seemed more like an infomercial to me. The word "Apache" was used way more times than "helicopter". Despite a few doveish comments about the war, I thought this was pretty shoddy from C4 news!

What odds will you give me that the recently Apache trained Prince Harry doesn't get deployed?

I haven't followed the career of Harry Saxe-Coburg-Gotha (being a republican I refuse to use the title Prince) at all. I honestly don't know if he will be deployed or not but I do remember clips of him firing a big old machine gun in Afghanistan some time ago,only to later read that the unit he was with were about 40 miles under ground in bunker with some other great chaps. This unit had not engaged with the enemy with machine guns,the pictures released were purely as propaganda.

As for Harry's entry into Sandhurst - Again I don't profess to know all the details but from what I can gather Harry isn't that bright (but then again nor am I). I do remember some controversy surrounding his A level in art (yes art). His teacher claimed she had completed "part" of his course work (so one can assume this happened in other subjects,perhaps ?). This went to tribunal,which she won. However,Harry was totally cleared of cheating. Go figure. LINK

I haven't followed the career of Harry Saxe-Coburg-Gotha (being a republican I refuse to use the title Prince) at all.

Harry isn't a saxe-coburg gothe,he's 100% merovingian(because diana s actually french,not english)....that's probably why le pont d' alma was chosen for her murder.

William is the hybrid.

It's long been desired by rome to re-install an absolute monarch on the throne of england rather than the more parliamentary-minded hanoverans,which is why we are getting so much crap,and political subversion.............the aim is to completely corrupt democracy so it looks like it has failed,and people will cry out for a more direct form of governance(already pre prepared)....order out of chaos if you will.

The persecution will not stop until our present royal family either shuffle off this mortal coil,abdicate by choice or are are removed by force(and this if it happens will be proof enough of ulterior motives by external forces).

I would suggest we may see a combination of all three of these quite soon,with a convenient scapegoat for the latter being a couple of mad mullahs and not the real culprits.

There's no chance whatsoever of the UK becoming a republic,but the style and demeanour of succeeding monarchy is what is being put up for grabs....and the two factions are still squabbling.

,if rome does achieve it's objective,all peace in the EU as if by magic.(albeit temporarily).However,belligerant scotland and ireland have spotted the reforming roman empire....that's why they are clutching for independence at this particular moment.

Apache ground attack helicopters are just a notch above boots on the ground..... which means yet another ground war.

These aerial missile and gun platforms (which is what they really are) need Forward Air Controllers (FAC) to ID targets..

It is a consequence of their actual use that would necessitate some boots on the ground.

The actual flying range of these things is no doubt classified nothing about it on the wiki site....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_AH-64_Apache

I would say though that the range will be insufficient to fly them over the Med from either Italy or Cyprus and have any meaningful operational time in theatre. Although the French of course could be operating them from a carrier.

Anyone spot the obvious flaw in this from a British point of view? Ocean perhaps but I doubt it, it wont be set up for such ops.

So that pretty much blows the boots on the ground theory, I suspect they are forward operating bases being constructed in friendly parts of Libya right now to park, rearm and maintain these things.

400Km using internal fuel tanks, 1900km using internal and external fuel tanks.

http://www.guncopter.com/apache-helicopter/

We the UK do use a special version with more powerful Rolls Royce engines. I dont know what other mods the MOD have employed on it though but we like to push the technology as seen on other aircraft like the Hercules.

Think we can safely say 400Kms then I cant see them using ext tanks in a combat situation as they could compromise the aircraft's safety.

1900 as opposed to 400 on internal suggests some seriously large side tanks.Possibly only used in ferrying operations?

These aerial missile and gun platforms (which is what they really are) need Forward Air Controllers (FAC) to ID targets..

It is a consequence of their actual use that would necessitate some boots on the ground.

The actual flying range of these things is no doubt classified nothing about it on the wiki site....

http://en.wikipedia....ng_AH-64_Apache

I would say though that the range will be insufficient to fly them over the Med from either Italy or Cyprus and have any meaningful operational time in theatre. Although the French of course could be operating them from a carrier.

The British are operating them from HMS Ocean as part of the French carrier task force.

hms_ocean2.jpg

Harry isn't a saxe-coburg gothe,he's 100% merovingian(because diana s actually french,not english)....that's probably why le pont d' alma was chosen for her murder.

William is the hybrid.

It's long been desired by rome to re-install an absolute monarch on the throne of england rather than the more parliamentary-minded hanoverans,which is why we are getting so much crap,and political subversion.............the aim is to completely corrupt democracy so it looks like it has failed,and people will cry out for a more direct form of governance(already pre prepared)....order out of chaos if you will.

The persecution will not stop until our present royal family either shuffle off this mortal coil,abdicate by choice or are are removed by force(and this if it happens will be proof enough of ulterior motives by external forces).

I would suggest we may see a combination of all three of these quite soon,with a convenient scapegoat for the latter being a couple of mad mullahs and not the real culprits.

There's no chance whatsoever of the UK becoming a republic,but the style and demeanour of succeeding monarchy is what is being put up for grabs....and the two factions are still squabbling.

,if rome does achieve it's objective,all peace in the EU as if by magic.(albeit temporarily).However,belligerant scotland and ireland have spotted the reforming roman empire....that's why they are clutching for independence at this particular moment.

Hey thanks ! I stand corrected :rolleyes: However,I merely suggested that he may not be best suited to fly these things as he's a bit thick. I love the end of the civilisation and stuff,great ! But did the he cheat at his exams and are the Royal Family grass snakes or half dragon half toffee apple ?

The British are operating them from HMS Ocean as part of the French carrier task force.

hms_ocean2.jpg

In which case the decision to deploy UK longbow on the Libya operation was taken some weeks ago.....

Or did HMS Ocean pop up in the Mediterranean all of a sudden equipped to and with ammunition stores to support it?

It would not be an overnight job prepping Ocean for this role. Stores, manpower and ammunition would have to be put on board, almost certainly in the UK.

Last seen in Plymouth 23 days ago, current position is somewhere in the MED. (Site is not to accurate for obvious reasons).

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shipdetails.aspx?MMSI=234643000&language=_EN