House Price Crash Forum
Unsafe As Houses

Rightmove Marketed Properties Data Updated To Apr 2011 - Finally

Not sure if someone has already posted about this but:

Finally, Rightmove have updated their number of marketed properties by postocde tool for Feb, March and April:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices-in-my-area/marketTrendsTotalAvailableListingsAndNew.html?searchLocation=co1

How's it going in your area? Is the tool showing a greater or reduced number of properties on the market and/or coming onto the market? And is this congruent with what you're seeing on the ground?

In my area, Colchester, I was expecting to see a greater number of properties on the market and new to market in the last 3 months than their data indicate....

Oxford:

Strong uptick in new listings and properties on market Jan, Feb March, breaking the 2010 totals in some areas.

Then an big and unseasonal fall in April.

It's seems about right for the area of Chelmsford that I'm

Interested in. April sitting just below peak levels and by my own data May beats them. Before falling back in the last two weeks.

For my home town it's looking great!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices-in-my-area/marketTrendsTotalAvailableListingsAndNew.html/nomsite?searchLocation=Ss11

:D

Thanks for the tip-off. the areas I'm looking at (all well away from London) are showing significant increases in stock in April, compared with April 2010 and 2009. I expect May's figure to be much higher. All great news, except that I'm selling before buying!

(...)

Finally, Rightmove have updated their number of marketed properties by postocde tool for Feb, March and April:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices-in-my-area/marketTrendsTotalAvailableListingsAndNew.html?searchLocation=co1

Finally!

I did write to them again last week, but this time under their their "data accuracy" subject. I guess it went to the geek department! :)

And I am very very happy to report a spring flood in my target areas!!! :D

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices-in-my-area/marketTrendsTotalAvailableListingsAndNew.html?searchLocation=po19

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices-in-my-area/marketTrendsTotalAvailableListingsAndNew.html?searchLocation=po20

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices-in-my-area/marketTrendsTotalAvailableListingsAndNew.html?searchLocation=po22

Oxford:

Strong uptick in new listings and properties on market Jan, Feb March, breaking the 2010 totals in some areas.

Then an big and unseasonal fall in April.

What is the postcode for central Oxford?

Or for some reasonably decent residential area near Oxford?

Looks about 20% increase for each month in my area (BA1) but the graph is a little hard to compare month to month. I hope that at as well a bunch of speculative sellers have been replaced with genuine needy sellers. Prices increasing though of course :rolleyes:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices-in-my-area/marketTrendsTotalPropertiesSoldAndAveragePrice.html?searchLocation=ba1

My taregt area is looking rubbish, prices up (on very low volume) but number of houses on the market up a bit

BH14, BH12, BH15

But for BH14, YoY = 893 / 768 = 1.16 = supply is 16% up.

Similar picture for your other 2 areas.

And demand/mortgage lending in 2011 is lower than in 2010.

Hence, prices will fall.

Sales volumes have crashed in both my postcode (CM14) and my parents (CO11), but not yet prices. My parents next door neighbour is a wannabe probate sale and everyone concerned, including my parents, frankly seem to have fallen headlong into that Egyptian river. Odd, coz a few years ago my dad was agreeing with me about how out of control houses were and how a crash was coming. Now it's here, and next door, he cant accept it. All that imaginary profit vapourizing is hard to accept, I suppose.

Looks about 20% increase for each month in my area (BA1) but the graph is a little hard to compare month to month. I hope that at as well a bunch of speculative sellers have been replaced with genuine needy sellers. Prices increasing though of course :rolleyes:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices-in-my-area/marketTrendsTotalPropertiesSoldAndAveragePrice.html?searchLocation=ba1

Yep, looking good there, for the whole quarter, very consistent.

And 23.7% YoY for April. Not bad at all.

Next winter you could (should?) have some good bargains there. :)

Sales volumes have crashed in both my postcode (CM14) and my parents (CO11), (...)

Rightmove uses Land Registry's data for sales volumes, and these are incomplete for recent months.

cheers didn't know that,how recent is recent?

I'd say you have to wait at least three months for the data to be near enough complete. Although it can take more than a year for every last transaction to be submitted.

Edited by Pent Up

Flats are going through the roof in my neck of the woods, London SE24. Just over double the number there were two years ago. Houses, very little changed.

My area YoY properties for sale up from 113 to 193, but actual sold up from 7, to 8.

Average price is interesting: Oct 2010 = £197k, Mar 11 £168k

Flats are going through the roof in my neck of the woods, London SE24. Just over double the number there were two years ago. Houses, very little changed.

Interesting. In your area they are going in opposite directions!

I've just checked my areas, and I've found big differences here too, house numbers going up just a little, but flats through the roof here as well.

That is fine, flats will lead, but houses will follow. Same for bad/good areas. In a few years all relative prices should go back to historical averages.

Odd, coz a few years ago my dad was agreeing with me about how out of control houses were and how a crash was coming. Now it's here, and next door, he cant accept it. All that imaginary profit vapourizing is hard to accept, I suppose.

Well, they put so much effort into earning it, they have every right to be miffed :rolleyes:

The problem with the RM figures is that, in my area anyhow, there are some ludicrously priced houses and it only takes one of them sold in any given month to really mess up the overal figures.

Where I am, volumes look a lot lower, I guess that some of the data takes time to get through.

Prices also appear to be down, though a lot of that is falling prices on flats and detatched homes.

The number of properties on the market, something I would expect them to be up to date on, is down.

I cant say I can detect either an upwards or downwards fall in market prices from what I have seen, the latest price falls may only be due to the types of property sold.