House Price Crash Forum
The Masked Tulip

Online House Hunter: Are Sellers Starting To Get Real?

http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2011/05/26/online-house-hunter-are-sellers-starting-to-get-real/

THERE is a strong message coming from estate agents to those selling their homes: it’s time to get real. The market is starting to recover but unless people start asking – and expecting realistic house prices – then buyers aren’t going to bite.

Ian Harris from the Norfolk branch of the National Association of Estate Agents, for example, says in their latest monthly report: “Data continues to flow from a variety of sources showing a continued downward trend in prices. The price changes are fairly small but they do reflect a willingness amongst sellers to set prices to stimulate the market and generate a sale. Buyers need to act now to take advantage of these opportunities whilst they are still available.”

Just posted over on the EAToday site, from an EA in Hampshire:

in my patch prices are really starting to soften. There are literally no takers for the average executive detached at circa £250k. This price has been commonplace for the past couple of years but Vendors are now having to market at sub £220k to generate any viewings at all. These sales often complete at sub £200k.

The market is starting to recover but unless people start asking – and expecting realistic house prices – then buyers aren’t going to bite.

I like this one.

:D

Just posted over on the EAToday site, from an EA in Hampshire:

in my patch prices are really starting to soften. There are literally no takers for the average executive detached at circa £250k. This price has been commonplace for the past couple of years but Vendors are now having to market at sub £220k to generate any viewings at all. These sales often complete at sub £200k.

I,ve noticed the same in my area Yorks and also in parts of Lincolnshire, One local bungalow has been on the market now over 2 years and dropped 25% but still no takers. :unsure:

When driving around now there are more for sale and for rent signs than i have seen before. :o

I,ve noticed the same in my area Yorks and also in parts of Lincolnshire, One local bungalow has been on the market now over 2 years and dropped 25% but still no takers. :unsure:

When driving around now there are more for sale and for rent signs than i have seen before. :o

A straight off drop of 10 - 15% 2 years ago would probably have let them escape? How many will be trapped by their own greed and uninformed views?