House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Della

Cult Of Personality

The cult of personality is often thought of as the mass adulation of particular dictators, with big piccies of them everywhere and cult followers worshiping them as a sort of demi-god, worshiping the ground they walk on.

There is also, a more abstract cult of personality around the current holders of certain positions.

In this country there is a cult of personality that surrounds the current King or Queen, people confuse this mass adulation, with adulation for Elizabeth Windsor, but this octogenarian great grandmother is not the center of the cult, the cult is around her office, and when her time is up it will shift to the next incumbant. The cult surrounded her father just the same.

In America there is a cult of personality that surrounds the current President, people also confuse this mass adualtion, with adulation for Barrack Obama, but this quadraginitiarian father is not the center of the cult, the cult is around his office, and when his time is up it will shift to the next incumbant. The cult also surrounded George W. Bush just the same.

What I want to know is...why oh why do we also have to take on board the cult of personalty of the US president? We are currently being bombarded by "oh my goodness isn't Barrack so wonderful, lets worship him" type of stuff at high volume. We've got our own stupid cult of personality going on, and we don't need imports.

The cult of personality worship, and belief in the figure creates a kind of quasi religious effect, that's why it is called a cult. The worshiping gives them power, they have the believers attention, they listen to what he says, they believe in him and believe what he says, they regard the figure using the brains rather naive religious way of viewing things. If the cult is promoted then ultimately the guy will be able to dish out orders that believers will obey without asking too many questions.

The promotion of the cult of personality of the US president is dangerous, we are not Americans, we've got no control over this figure. If through a massive media effort he aquires worshipers, he aquires power, the worshipers become his tools. Since we are not part of the body of America because we're thousands of miles away, we are not like an arm of his power, more like a missile, tank, or shield of his power, something that can be used up and destroyed to advance the main body of his worshipers, which is in America. The American power establishment has big dreams, it wants to rule the world, this is not realistic, it will end in tears and blood.

So in essense what I am saying is that promotion of the cult of personality of the US president could ultimatly lead to our destruction. It's not a personality cult about some harmless old lady, it is really dangerous.

I suppose it's part of our reaction to celebrity. When someone you've paid alot of attention to through the media turns up in the flesh, the effect is overwhelming.

As for POTUS being a celeb in the first place - the office is too powerful.

Its just the media here. In America Obama is rightly hated as much as Bush.

Like Obama putting 2008 in the visitors book instead of 2011.If Bush did this the BBC would be covering it 24/7, saying is this man fit to lead the 'free world' and so forth.

Same with the gushing over him by the BBC at Buckingham palace 'such a different atmosphere to when bush was here' they say...err we're still dieing and killing in Afghanisthan/iraq, except now we've libya to add to the mix. Obama is just as much the warmongering traitor as Bush. Except he isnt even eligible to be a US president due to not being a natural born citizen.

Cameron should have never allowed him on British soil, or we should have arrested him on the yanks behalf. Yeah, yeah, i know, Soros and all Obama's bankster buddies would destroy us, but we still have a damn good SAS/SBS.

Unfortunately, the British have become bigger morons than the yanks.

Its just the media here. In America Obama is rightly hated as much as Bush.

Like Obama putting 2008 in the visitors book instead of 2011.If Bush did this the BBC would be covering it 24/7, saying is this man fit to lead the 'free world' and so forth.

Same with the gushing over him by the BBC at Buckingham palace 'such a different atmosphere to when bush was here' they say...err we're still dieing and killing in Afghanisthan/iraq, except now we've libya to add to the mix. Obama is just as much the warmongering traitor as Bush. Except he isnt even eligible to be a US president due to not being a natural born citizen.

Cameron should have never allowed him on British soil, or we should have arrested him on the yanks behalf. Yeah, yeah, i know, Soros and all Obama's bankster buddies would destroy us, but we still have a damn good SAS/SBS.

Unfortunately, the British have become bigger morons than the yanks.

He was born in Hawaii wasnt he?

He was born in Hawaii wasnt he?

There's pretty convincing evidence that the copy of the birth cert he produced last month is a forgery.

I think I'm spending too much time on t'intertubes. Must get out of house.

BBC.

EDIT: I caught the BBC 24 hours news late last night and they reviewed the newspapers. Waxed lyrical about the whole visit and then expressed total astonishment that the Telegraph hardly covered it and the FT said his speech "failed to lift the roof". And as for the Red Tops...'unbelievable' - nothing at all on their fronts. ;)

Er, u wot?

I've been staying in a household that takes the torygraph. Page after page of Obama visit to turn past.

I must admit to having been pretty apathetic to Obama's election.I don't think Bush was as stupid or as bad as he was portrayed.That doesn't mean that I was a fan either but Obama seems pretty ordinary to me.I wouldn't cross the street to see a celebrity of any stripe. The whole idea seems just ludicrous.

EDIT: I caught the BBC 24 hours news late last night and they reviewed the newspapers. Waxed lyrical about the whole visit and then expressed total astonishment that the Telegraph hardly covered it and the FT said his speech "failed to lift the roof". And as for the Red Tops...'unbelievable' - nothing at all on their fronts. ;)

It seems odd that BBC News 24 expressing 'total astonishment'. The BBC's North America editor's appraisal of Obama's speech sounds like he agrees with the FT:

BBC News wesbite: Obama's historic speech fails to soar.