House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

Youtube Star Sucked Into Tornado Through Sunroof As He Drove Home From Graduation With His Father

YouTube star sucked into tornado through sunroof as he drove home from graduation with his father

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1390409/Joplin-MO-tornado-Parents-search-16-month-old-Skyular-Logsdon.html#ixzz1NOAzHHdK

One story of many, but so sad and so scary. Watched video today of a car driving to escape from the tornado and it was scary to watch.

YouTube star sucked into tornado through sunroof as he drove home from graduation with his father

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1390409/Joplin-MO-tornado-Parents-search-16-month-old-Skyular-Logsdon.html#ixzz1NOAzHHdK

One story of many, but so sad and so scary. Watched video today of a car driving to escape from the tornado and it was scary to watch.

I saw that too. Makes you glad to live in a country where we don't have such extremes of Nature.

Makes me glad, anyway. I know a lot on here will probably still think it's a sh*thole they can't wait to escape from.

Bon voyage to them all. :)

I had a stall at bootsale a couple of weeks ago when a tornado hit. It was tiny compared to anything over there but the power is unbelievable. Especially when you go from dead calm watching a strange twirlling funnel coming towards you to suddenly struggling to stand! Also the noise was suprising, it sounded like a train going past. Our stall was destroyed but it was mostly un breakable shit anyway so we salvaged most of it. The poor guy opposite must have lost about £200 worth of glass vases and dinner sets! Interesting experience but I wouldn't want to be anywhere near one of those huge ones!

Sucked out through the sun-roof? Dashed bad luck! Glad I have a hard-top now. The aliens will never abduct, and bum-rape me! :blink:

I saw that too. Makes you glad to live in a country where we don't have such extremes of Nature.

Errr - in sunny Jockland there were 150mph gusts up Cairngorm just 2 days ago..:rolleyes:

But yes I do see what you mean.

Makes me glad, anyway. I know a lot on here will probably still think it's a sh*thole they can't wait to escape from.

Bon voyage to them all. :)

Compared to most places in the world, we have a moderate climate*, reasonable food security, decent amounts of fresh water, and at least some domestic energy supplies. Plus, being an island, at least some ability to limit immigration (given political will).

Basically, in the armageddon/world economic breakdown/environmental breakdown case, the UK is a pretty good place to be.

*well, if you will live in the wild wastelands north of the end of the M1, that's your lookout..