House Price Crash Forum
The Masked Tulip

Number Of People Buying Homes Plummets 'as People Were Distracted By Royal Wedding And Easter'

Come on TMT, you are being unfair to the Wail.

What they are saying is

The BBA partly blamed the drop on the Easter and Royal Wedding bank holiday weekends in April, which distracted people from the property market as they made the most of the time off work.

It added that ongoing economic uncertainty was also putting people off buying a new home. The threat of an imminent increase in interest rates was causing delays in remortgaging.

Yep, that too - well spotted BBA guys :D

I have said it before on here, I think house prices are being supported by all the transvestites who need a second home in order to dress freely and feel at ease.

I think our new liberal society is also to blame - our era of openness is encouraging more and more people to come out of the closet. If such men had to go down pit there would be no time for perusing the lingerie section of Grattons catalogue.

Do you think the Mail would publish the above if I posted it below the article?

I have said it before on here, I think house prices are being supported by all the transvestites who need a second home in order to dress freely and feel at ease.

I think our new liberal society is also to blame - our era of openness is encouraging more and more people to come out of the closet. If such men had to go down pit there would be no time for perusing the lingerie section of Grattons catalogue.

Do you think the Mail would publish the above if I posted it below the article?

:unsure::blink:

In the words of Mutley: "Yeah, yeah".

I've heard some pathetic excuses in my time, such as some of those offered by defence solicitors in the courts of the small country town where I grew up, and this is definitely up there with the best.

:unsure::blink:

In the words of Mutley: "Yeah, yeah".

Even your Double-headed Eagle of LaGASH is not rome-byzantine origination but Asiatic-Orient.

Like the ASHkenazi - more evidence of Mis-lead Mongols

Your Satanic Elites know the real roots (whilst they brainwash you otherwise) they even name the organisation after it's roots

Grand Orient of France Grand Orient USA Freemasons symbolically return the Statue of Liberty Paris On June 27th, 2008

VOS Dutch east indies corporation = Orient

London East India Corporation (backed by QE 1st) = exploiting the Orient

A number of Britain's most notorious buccaneers colluded with high-profile politicians and businessmen during the "golden age" of piracy in the 17th century, seadogs and highwaymen of the oceans.

"As Britain began to expand her empire, pirates could quite literally be found walking the streets of London. It was in this city that shady deals with mysterious and powerful financial backers funded a great deal of piracy around the world

The Captain Kidd Story," explores the surprising truth of how London's corrupt political class was entrenched in piracy,

"If abuse of power, lying in court, withholding evidence, bribing trial witnesses and generally rigging a trial are evidence of corruption, then the London East India Company -- together with the Admiralty -- were as corrupt as they come," concluded Konstam.

"illustrates the historical roots of the kind of corporate exploitation we see today, as well as the double standards of politicians," he said.

Captain Kidd, as infamous as his bloodthirsty contemporary Blackbeard, was hanged for piracy and the murder of a crew member at "Execution Dock" on the Thames in 1701.

Vilified at the time as a cold-blooded killer and terror of the high-seas from the Caribbean to the Indian Ocean, Kidd was in fact more of a puppet in the profit wars of London's wealthiest elite.

"He was actually a privateer, a mercenary licensed by the government to loot merchant ships flying the colors of England's enemies -- mainly France and Spain,"

Kidd was hired by a group of five leading government figures -- two earls, two lords and the First Lord of the Admiralty -- in what was "a particularly shady undertaking," said historian Angus Konstam, author of several books on pirates, including "Piracy: The Complete History."

"They planned to ignore normal legislation governing privateering contracts, and made their own unique deal, whereby they stood to gain a fortune from Kidd's expertise as a privateer," Konstam said. "It was an arrangement that stank of corruption."

Probably unknown to Kidd, however, was that his backers were rivals of the powerful London East India Company, the ruthless multinational corporation that exported exotic goods from the Indian sub-continent.

When Kidd's activities in the East Indies in the realms of the Orient, threatened the East India Company's business interests, they secured his downfall.

You are merely Pup_pets in the Elite's fraudulant Global Games!

Edited by erranta

There was a rush for higher value homes before the April stamp duty tax gain. That selling window has now gone.

Yes, that's it, I think, Mr "Cat with a lemon on head avatar"! :(:(

Edited by MrPin

I already know what the excuse for May will be:

The ashes from the Icelandic volcano prevented people from looking at houses... :)

Iceland-volcano-health-WHO-161852.jpg

Edited by wise_eagle

That has to be the most desperate, clutching-at-straws, bullsh*t excuse I've ever heard. If this is the best that Angela Knight can come up with, the BBA need to sack her pronto.

Erranta's post made more sense.

Edited by pl1

There was a rush for higher value homes before the April stamp duty tax gain. That selling window has now gone.

This has the potential IMO to make May's Halliwide and Land Reg very interesting... Shame we'll have to wait until the end of June for the latter. Nationwide confirmed for this Friday though.

I already know what the excuse for May will be:

The ashes from the Icelandic volcano prevented people from looking at houses... :)

Iceland-volcano-health-WHO-161852.jpg

It needs to be a combination like easter and "royal wedding"

"icelandic volcano ash and hottest may for decades prevented people from looking at houses"

I've heard some pathetic excuses in my time, such as some of those offered by defence solicitors in the courts of the small country town where I grew up, and this is definitely up there with the best.

" He really did think the sheep was his motorbike M`Lud, he had quite a bit to drink" that sort of thing?

I read (in Galbraith) that in the 1929 crash, people were continually reassured that the depression was over, that things were now getting back to normal etc all the way down. It was continuous.

In the 1990's it was "green shoots of recovery", but only the government was saying it could see them.

Since the situation is now far more serious, with far more groups going to lose big if people stop buying, you'll see far more groups of vested interests trying to talk the market up. It could turn into a wall of sound, all positive. And all flying in the face of the facts.

I read (in Galbraith) that in the 1929 crash, people were continually reassured that the depression was over, that things were now getting back to normal etc all the way down. It was continuous.

In the 1990's it was "green shoots of recovery", but only the government was saying it could see them.

Since the situation is now far more serious, with far more groups going to lose big if people stop buying, you'll see far more groups of vested interests trying to talk the market up. It could turn into a wall of sound, all positive. And all flying in the face of the facts.

Exactly, there will be much wailing of total B.S as this lot goes down. People have all but stopped buying though, volumes must be terrible?