House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Hovis

The Chap

Anybody else a fan of this? Always a great read and done with a considerable amount of humour :D

The big demo - Civilise the City March

civilise1.gif

Their annual Olympiad

tug2.jpg

girls.jpg

http://www.thechap.net/

Yes, I quite like it...although the rag-week, studenty atmosphere grates a bit after a while. I once went to one of their meetings and it was a mixture of genuine 'chaps' and a variety of oddballs and misfits; apparently the founders of the movement got a bit fed up with too many 'genuine chaps' joining (ie, Sloane Ranger/Fogey types; those who genuinely like to dress and act traditionally, not as a sort of studenty joke).

Yes, I quite like it...although the rag-week, studenty atmosphere grates a bit after a while. I once went to one of their meetings and it was a mixture of genuine 'chaps' and a variety of oddballs and misfits; apparently the founders of the movement got a bit fed up with too many 'genuine chaps' joining (ie, Sloane Ranger/Fogey types; those who genuinely like to dress and act traditionally, not as a sort of studenty joke).

I can imagine that it's a bit of a tightrope, the attraction is the tongue-in-cheek approach combined with the fancy dress, so if you lose the humour it falls flat. May possibly make the Olympiad one day, though that depends upon it coinciding with my infrequent visits to friends in the SE who would also want to go along, so I have it down as a possible.

I might have to pop along with Mrs Peel one day!

I always imagine you as your avatar! :blink:

Sure I could put on some clothes, and turn up too! ;)

The age of the gentleman is not past, whilst I am still on this planet! :angry: