House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

guitarman001

Russia Today

This news show is AMAZING!!! Been watching it for weeks now - WAY better than BBC/Sky and tells the brutal truth! Right now banging on about financial terrorists, near-zero interest rates, how we're basically being financially raped etc etc. In fact I'm sure they must read HPC!! I CANNOT go back to BBC?Sky now - this is just amazing! It's the closest thing I've seen to truth on a news channel!

Lol - and right now they're talking about the 'new world order' - what is going on!!

What is this channel all about? 'Russia Today' but in English? Telling the truth about things? You MUST watch it if you haven't already!

This news show is AMAZING!!! Been watching it for weeks now - WAY better than BBC/Sky and tells the brutal truth! Right now banging on about financial terrorists, near-zero interest rates, how we're basically being financially raped etc etc. In fact I'm sure they must read HPC!! I CANNOT go back to BBC?Sky now - this is just amazing! It's the closest thing I've seen to truth on a news channel!

Lol - and right now they're talking about the 'new world order' - what is going on!!

What is this channel all about? 'Russia Today' but in English? Telling the truth about things? You MUST watch it if you haven't already!

Yup I've been pushing it for months and few people listened! You probably caught the Kaiser report (430 and 830 Tues and Thurs). They tell you all the stuff which the BBC doesn't tell you.

The youtube channel is here

http://www.youtube.com/user/RussiaToday

I watch Russia Today as well. Infact it is just about the only TV station I watch apart from a few music vid stations (I cant stand BBC/ITN/C4 etc). However, dont fool yourself into thinking that it is unbiased. RT is the english voice of Putin. Just watch how the tone changes when they are reporting on anything to do with Russian international affairs and even worse than that, when they are reporting on internal Russian affairs.

Yes, it was the Kesier report that I saw.

I guess all stations have a bias - I'll perhaps have to switch between them all.

That's how I look at it, you need to cross section all news sources and find the truth which lies in the middle.

I feel RT is definitely an important addition to the equation.

That's how I look at it, you need to cross section all news sources and find the truth which lies in the middle.

I feel RT is definitely an important addition to the equation.

In my younger days I used to listen to Radio Moscow and it was fascinating how polarised the news was to our own. The conclusion I came to was to listen to both and somewhere in the middle lay the truth.

I suspect the same applies now to the different TV news channels too.

I love RT. It's a soapbox for the Kremlin, but there are plenty of nuggets of truth in there.

Anything they say about Russia and the ex USSR is to be taken with some cynicism, anything else however has some interesting perspectives on it. Like the youth unemployment thing they ran a few weeks ago.

The BBC doesn't talk about it.

Or the way NATO is over stepping its boundaries. RT mentions it, BBC/SKY only talk about how Gadaffi is evil.

Anything they say about Russia and the ex USSR is to be taken with some cynicism, anything else however has some interesting perspectives on it. Like the youth unemployment thing they ran a few weeks ago.

The BBC doesn't talk about it.

Or the way NATO is over stepping its boundaries. RT mentions it, BBC/SKY only talk about how Gadaffi is evil.

I can't imagine them being particularly balanced about anything that NATO gets up to to be honest. The only question is whether or not they go further in the opposite direction than the likes of the BBC - is a simple average of the two accurate, or do you still need some weighting?

Out of interest, is RT available on Sky? I'd never bother getting it myself, but considering how many people subscribe to Sky in this country, it'd be good to know they might stumble across this channel.

Personally, I gave up watching TV as soon as I left home. Then when I worked abroad I didn't have access to the usual main stream media sources and sought out my own news, which was made easier thanks to bloggs, social media and channels like RT. I didn't realise quite how much I'd expanded my knowledge until I'd returned to the UK full of concern and anger over events and crises very few of my friends were even aware existed.

I watch Russia Today as well. Infact it is just about the only TV station I watch apart from a few music vid stations (I cant stand BBC/ITN/C4 etc). However, dont fool yourself into thinking that it is unbiased. RT is the english voice of Putin. Just watch how the tone changes when they are reporting on anything to do with Russian international affairs and even worse than that, when they are reporting on internal Russian affairs.

+1

Independent Russian reporters open the front door and take a bullet in the brain... the rest work at places like RT.

Reports on Libya don't mention Russian made Grad rockets, show civilian casualties in Misrata and don't give voice to the rebels in the East who want MORE NATO action not less.

The financial stuff is mildly interesting... but again the conclusion comes first and the story & facts are hammered to fit. Keiser NEVER reports on Russian economics because he'd be dead by the time he reached the car park.

If you think RT is 'the truth' it just goes to show how effective Putin's propaganda has been.

I can fully understand why it appeals to the love China/hate the FED, Tyler Durden is kool metals gang. It's almost written for them. Oh wait a minute, it is!

Let me know when Keiser does an in depth expose of the Russian central bank or Roman Abramovich won't you...............should be worth watching his summary execution.

The rest of it is just Russian 'history' propaganda and Russian/Chinese relationship building.

It's about as close to the 'truth' as Coronation Street but less entertaining.

Just caught some of it 10 minutes ago speaking about our relationship with the US. Some guy went on to say that relations with Gordon Brown were strained, and that to be honest, he was an embarrassment on the international stage lol..

Out of interest, is RT available on Sky? I'd never bother getting it myself, but considering how many people subscribe to Sky in this country, it'd be good to know they might stumble across this channel.

Yeah, it's at about 510 or so, a few clicks above BBC24.

The rest of it is just Russian 'history' propaganda and Russian/Chinese relationship building.

Some examples would be appreciated.

Max keiser's show is generally spot on. Don't lump him in with the rest of RT. Though he may dodge 'russian' issues (for a good reason), his analysis of the world financial system and the crisis is totally correct. Probably the only place on TV where you can actually hear something approaching a description of the terrible situation the world finds itself in.