House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anonguest

Chavtastic!

Yet another sad symbolic representation of the decline in public standards.....

OK some might just be off work for the day or such like, but..... still wearing the same pyjamas again in the afternoon?! I mean, how busy can they have been during the day?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-13511668

I'd dare say that a lot of 'pyjama' parents are two bottle of wine a night parents as well.

I'd dare say that a lot of 'pyjama' parents are two bottle of wine a night parents as well.

It's supposed to be a status symbol, proof that you're well off enough not to go to work, it's big in oriental countries.

Walking around in curlers was another craze

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/3723539/Chinas-pyjamas-police-fight-Shanghais-daytime-love-of-nightwear.html

Say you worked a shift until 3am. You might sleep until the last moment, take your child to school, come back finish your sleep, then get up and dressed.

Well, maybe so, but nobody in my family or circle of friends and associates would dare step outside of the property in jammies, except maybe to chase the bin man or recycling truck on a forgetful morning.

It's very chavvy, just as the OP stated.

Say you worked a shift until 3am. You might sleep until the last moment, take your child to school, come back finish your sleep, then get up and dressed.

I accept there MAY be the odd such situation of late night shift, wake up quickly/late for the for school run, etc.....

BUT.... be fair, how long does it take, while little Johnny is eating his cornflakes, to throw on a pair of tracksuit bottoms and a pair of shoes (even without socks IF you're really pushing it) and thro on a jacket/coat for your upper half????

How different is it to the clothes some Asian women wear?

Are they objecting on any grounds other than they think the mums are lazy?

Frankly, I don't see what authority a school has to dispense fashion advice to parents.

Yes it looks chavy. Yes it looks lazy and slothenly.. but if that's what they want to wear in public what business of the school?

They can tut tut all they like.. but what these people are wearing simply reflects the life styles they lead, the life style (on the most part) enabled and funded by the state in the first place.

Dressing gowns worn outside are a sign of the chav or the mad. I regularly saw a big red bearded guy in a blue dressing gown walking down the street in Gloucs as I drove to work. Mad rather than chav.