House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ken_ichikawa

Cop To Be Charged For Manslaughter

Funny how Starmer's decision to prosecute changes with the inquest jury's finding.

Like a rat trapped in a corner.

Indeed. It would seem you have to really badger the CPS to even consider going after a cop no matter how blatant the video evidence.

They only turned on him after their budget was cut. While they had the money to keep him on board, they were happy to do so.

CAREFUL!

This case is subjudice.

Any comments could cause the case to dropped because of the impossibility of a fair trial.

Indeed. It would seem you have to really badger the CPS to even consider going after a cop no matter how blatant the video evidence.

Quite. Imagine the reverse situation caught on cctv.

Thinking about cctv reminds me of the article before the g20 that, given my propensity to tin foil hattedness, made me concerned for public safety at the time:

http://m.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/mar/30/cctv-london-government-transport-g20?cat=uk&type=article

Yup,the other way around and one can assume that "a degree of clarity" would have been seen much earlier ? Having just watched

it seems likely the policeman will walk ? There's a view of Tomlinson being hit with the baton before he's shunted to the ground,which I've not seen before - actually quite disturbing

CAREFUL!

This case is subjudice.

Any comments could cause the case to dropped because of the impossibility of a fair trial.

You mean, "because everyone has seen the youtube video that shows the guy is as guilty as sin."

CAREFUL!

This case is subjudice.

Oh rubbish. The legal profession needs to remove the cork from up its ****.

Guest eight

You mean, "because everyone has seen the youtube video that shows the guy is as guilty as sin."

I wonder if he pleads not guilty? Because any mortal trying the same in such an open and shut case would probably face criticism from the police for putting the family through the anguish of a trial, cost to the court system etc.

eight

I wonder if he pleads not guilty? Because any mortal trying the same in such an open and shut case would probably face criticism from the police for putting the family through the anguish of a trial, cost to the court system etc.

eight

Wonder how much Chief Inspector Plod will want to stand on the Court steps pontificating about the 'interests of Justice having been served' as his boy is sent down for 8 years.

Wonder how much Chief Inspector Plod will want to stand on the Court steps pontificating about the 'interests of Justice having been served' as his boy is sent down for 8 years.

There are cases of coppers who have shot completely innocent civilians dead, and simply been pulled off the street, to a desk job.

Murdering innocent's is fine, apparently, so long as you are wearing the Queens Uniform.

"Woops! Sorry it was a mistake." Will get you off.

Here's all the views from c4 news

He looks like a Nazi Stormtrooper doesn't he? That isn't going to help his case.It seems obvious that someone got it wrong higher up the chain.He should have been picked up as being unsuited to the job.I have some sympathy for the job the police have to do but this guy wasn't the one to do it.

Here's Mr.Plod telling some porkies about what happened to Tomlison

I agree with the You Tube member who wrote this :

'Can you imagine how many people have been fined or sent to prison on the lies that these cops tell. This is a senior officer trained in lying to the public. Notice how easy it is for him, The lies just roll out of his mouth and sound´╗┐ so convincing, Ask yourself this, if you had'nt seen the video of ian tomlinson, would you doubt a single word that comes out this trained liars mouth?. Imagine being in court for something you didnt do and he was giving evidence against you. You wouldnt have a hope'

Here's Mr.Plod telling some porkies about what happened to Tomlison

I agree with the You Tube member who wrote this :

'Can you imagine how many people have been fined or sent to prison on the lies that these cops tell. This is a senior officer trained in lying to the public. Notice how easy it is for him, The lies just roll out of his mouth and sound´╗┐ so convincing, Ask yourself this, if you had'nt seen the video of ian tomlinson, would you doubt a single word that comes out this trained liars mouth?. Imagine being in court for something you didnt do and he was giving evidence against you. You wouldnt have a hope'

Truly chilling.

He should have been picked up as being unsuited to the job.I have some sympathy for the job the police have to do but this guy wasn't the one to do it.

Violent thug unsuited to being in the TSG?

Are you sure?

Violent thug unsuited to being in the TSG?

Are you sure?

Ken Livingstone describes his surprise that the attacker of Ian Tomlinson was a Police Officer wearing a Balaclava to hide his face. He declares the Man to be a Paramilitary Officer from the Terrirorial Support Group.