House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tonytramcar

Obama's Great Great Great Grandfather

Now here's a puzzle - with all the fuss about Obama visiting the home of his Great Great Great Grandfather, does Obama know where the other 15 GGG G/f's came from, and is he going to visit their home towns ? And what about the Great Greats ( only 8 of those), never mind the Greats.......

Now here's a puzzle - with all the fuss about Obama visiting the home of his Great Great Great Grandfather, does Obama know where the other 15 GGG G/f's came from, and is he going to visit their home towns ? And what about the Great Greats ( only 8 of those), never mind the Greats.......

But some GGGG'f's are more important than others when chasing the votes of the 'Irish' Americans.

The whole thing is a farce. A few years ago I was talking to an American on some chat room, they kept going on about how they were Scottish as their distant relative was from Scotland. I started probing further to find out about the rest of their background and it tured out most of their family on one side were of German origin - a fact that she freely admitted they chose to ignore. I guess it does not have the same romance and illusions of Brigadoon.

All very silly if you ask me.

I'd laugh my head off if some genealogy nut "discovered" that Obama is actually closer to a certain German army (but Austrian-born) message runner, than he is to this Great - Great - something or other :lol:

Would he then visit this bloke's hometown?

He's probably already found out that at least one of them came from evil old England.

But it's been hushed up.