House Price Crash Forum

Bbc Name Ryan Giggs

Game_Over

HOLA441

Much to my surprise

The BBC, together with other news media have now reported Parliamentary proceedings in which Ryan Giggs was named as the footballer who is the subject of the recent super injunction court case.

:blink:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

Much to my surprise

The BBC, together with other news media have now reported Parliamentary proceedings in which Ryan Giggs was named as the footballer who is the subject of the recent super injunction court case.

I wonder if Ryan Giggs will get a refund on his 100k legal fees. I doubt it very much!

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

I bet there are a few rich folk hiding behind super injunctions cursing Ryan Giggs.

Shitting a brick, the lot of em.

I do hope so.

And I also hope a few High Court judges are tearing at their wigs.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

What a farce. As he was cuddling his kids on the pitch the other day, did he believe there was a single person in the crowd who did not know he had been banging an ex-Big Brother media whore?

What a thicko.

HOLA4412

The other's have all been named openly on the internet so powerful people are beginning to wakeup.

The fact that the legal profession has managed to ignore the power of the internet for so long is what amazes me. This morning on the BBC news they had an interview with Heather Brooke the FOI campaigner. The interviewer was trying to make out that the law doesn't need to have a common consensus for it to have to be obeyed.

It appears that a certain element of the establishment are living in a cosy bubble in which they can control everything.

HOLA4413

All the people who named him on Twitter could indeed be sued and shouldn't take overly comfort in numbers in my opinion. If anything it should be easy as there is an irrefutable record of their words, date stamped, time stamped and IP stamped. The Recording Association Of America along with the FBI for example, took drastic action against thousands of illegal downloaders who used Torrents (remember those) to download music and films; fear took care of the rest. Now only an idiot would attempt to use these. Any Legal firm worth their salt could issue any number of doe subpoenas to find out the information if the law has been broken.

The Internet is not anonymous. Far from it. And people should stop divorcing what they do online with real life.

HOLA4414

All the people who named him on Twitter could indeed be sued and shouldn't take overly comfort in numbers in my opinion. If anything it should be easy as there is an irrefutable record of their words, date stamped, time stamped and IP stamped. The Recording Association Of America along with the FBI for example, took drastic action against thousands of illegal downloaders who used Torrents (remember those) to download music and films; fear took care of the rest. Now only an idiot would attempt to use these. Any Legal firm worth their salt could issue any number of doe subpoenas to find out the information if the law has been broken.

The Internet is not anonymous. Far from it. And people should stop divorcing what they do online with real life.

An IP address does not define a person. The login/pass aspect is harder to argue thought

HOLA4415

There is annominity in numbers, yes everything is logged but imagine the court time if it's all contested.

Do you want murderers and rapists tried or gossips? Pick one.

However if you want to be uber careful twitter from internet cafe's.

HOLA4416

There is annominity in numbers, yes everything is logged but imagine the court time if it's all contested.

If you did murder someone involved in one of these injunctions, you wouldn't be allowed to own up to it if you wanted to <_<

HOLA4417

Judgement is Here

Seems the judge concluded there was in fact an attempt by Thomas to blackmail him or spill all to the press.

Fair doo's he should have kept his old chap in his trousers and because he didn't and portrays a family image deserves everything he gets.

On the other hand if there has been an attempt to blackmail then the police should be investigating this.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

An IP address does not define a person. The login/pass aspect is harder to argue thought

RCIAA would not agree with you. Their Twitter account as you mention would identify, most have their photos on Twtitter for example or they send from their Blackberry. You can almost certainly get the persons home address, it's not difficult.

Again, didn't stop RIAA.

HOLA4420

It can easily be annonymous if you take a little bit of trouble to cover your tracks.

And torrents etc are still as widely available and used as they always were

So I'm afraid your dream of a police state is fading into the distance

HOLA4421

RCIAA would not agree with you. Their Twitter account as you mention would identify, most have their photos on Twtitter for example or they send from their Blackberry. You can almost certainly get the persons home address, it's not difficult.

"I lent my phone to a someone I met in a pub to make a call, I must have not signed out of Twitter- No, your honour I can't remember their name"

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Some people don't scare so easy. :)

HOLA4424

It can easily be annonymous if you take a little bit of trouble to cover your tracks.

And torrents etc are still as widely available and used as they always were

So I'm afraid your dream of a police state is fading into the distance

Okay I'll call that bluff, like what? Please don't say proxy server.

If you think the Internet is anonymous you really are deluding yourself GO. I think it all depends how aggressive they want to be.

HOLA4425

Archived