House Price Crash Forum
TheCountOfNowhere

310 Jobs To Cut An Northampton General Hospital...

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/health/northampton_general_hospital_to_axe_310_jobs_as_part_of_30m_spending_cuts_1_2704473

"THE MULTI-MILLION pound cuts scheme at Northampton General Hospital will involve the loss of 310 posts, including about 150 full-time staff, health bosses have announced today"

Reality starting to bite.

Hopefully they haven't doctored the real figures.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

It feels very starship troopers like I feel anyway...

Whereby somebody is discussing the concept of mobile infantry (they have mech suits in the novel). Whereby the key concept of the mobile infantry is "Everybody fights." It goes on where the narrator talks about how armies and organisations became so incredibly top heavy that there were barely any soldiers doing any of the fighting or real work.

Presumably the 'health bosses' will be tendering their resignations first?

:D .. funny!

Record breaking senior NHS pay awards wasn't it?

Still, it'll all be the fault of those nasty Tories for not increasing the budget enough this year..

The grim housing around the hospital might take a hit.

Grim...that's some of the best in Northampton!!!

These two are across the road from the General:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-30203816.html

( been up for sale for over a year now I think, started off about 400K...down to £350..sold for peak about £350K...prices down 20% in Northampton so should be looking about £280. )

Right next door:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-27118591.html

( been up for sale much longer...started high...down to £295K recently. if the bigger one next door should be prices about 270..this one should be under £250K )

Both directly across from the hospital...so why aren't the nice doctors snapping them up ?

Selling them probably just got a lot tougher too.

Good news that cuts are starting to take effect.

But as mentioned I can't see any of the head turkeys voting for Christmas.

Shame someone from the govt. can't go in and enforce management cuts.

Good news that cuts are starting to take effect.

But as mentioned I can't see any of the head turkeys voting for Christmas.

Shame someone from the govt. can't go in and enforce management cuts.

That wont happen till the IMF comes in !!!

It's interesting to keep up with the Northampton Chron atricle comments. Up until 6 months ago there was only 1/2 posters agreeing that house prices were too high and we were in for a hard time...now every one agrees and the comments are much more angry.

Poole hospital have it about right, some beds going but also a cut in pay for management

Over the course of a year the closures – 51 beds out of 777 in total – will save £2 million.

The rest will be found through other efficiencies including in procurement of goods and services, and reducing the pay bill for hospital management.

Grim...that's some of the best in Northampton!!!

These two are across the road from the General:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-30203816.html

( been up for sale for over a year now I think, started off about 400K...down to £350..sold for peak about £350K...prices down 20% in Northampton so should be looking about £280. )

I looked at a house immediately opposite that one a couple of years ago and the owner of that very house told me I would have to be crazy to buy in the area as the level of crime had gone through the roof.

Some people on this board never cease to amaze me.

News of huge cuts to the NHS and you welcome it because it *might* have a marginal effect on regional house prices.

I want a house price fall as much as anyone else. I'm 28, in full time work, with little prospect of getting my own place.

Be careful what you wish for, you might find yourself in need of state services one day.

Now then, whose first to shout me down for not following the "unofficial" HPC line. Perhaps you'd like refer to me as one of the sheeple?

you appear to be easily amazed

News of huge cuts to the NHS and you welcome it because it *might* have a marginal effect on regional house prices.

I want a house price fall as much as anyone else. I'm 28, in full time work, with little prospect of getting my own place.

Be careful what you wish for, you might find yourself in need of state services one day.

Now then, whose first to shout me down for not following the "unofficial" HPC line. Perhaps you'd like refer to me as one of the sheeple?

if we reduce state overspend then NHS job cuts leads to a better chance of provision of health services for me in the future

high NHS head count is not the same as high NHS service provision

tut

Edited by Si1

To be honest, I think we need the NHS ( or an NHS like service ) but my experience of the NHS over the last 10 years is that it is S**T. There, I said it.

The service is appalling. The costs grotesque.

If you were treated by a private company ( in terms of service, waiting, value for money ) the way you are by any NHS service you'd use someone else and they'd go out of business.

The NHS needs to be killed off.

A better/cheaper/more manageable system must be put in place.

I dont want to be taxed to pay for this joke anymore.

Poole hospital have it about right, some beds going but also a cut in pay for management

Over the course of a year the closures – 51 beds out of 777 in total – will save £2 million.

The rest will be found through other efficiencies including in procurement of goods and services, and reducing the pay bill for hospital management.

Now, call me an old corporate cynic if you will, but I interpret that last sentence to read:

"reducing the pay bill for facilities management" - i.e., reducing cleaning, maintenance, day-to-day bills - not a reduction of management numbers or wages!

[/i]

I'll wager you that there are no senior management included in that figure..

Going back to the Willy Wonka analogy...I noticed that lazy bast*ard grandpa Joe was straight out of bed and dancing about when he realised there was a bit of a pay-day.

Now, call me an old corporate cynic if you will, but I interpret that last sentence to read:

"reducing the pay bill for facilities management" - i.e., reducing cleaning, maintenance, day-to-day bills - not a reduction of management numbers or wages!

me. Id cut ALL wages in the NHS, indeed,all public sector including subcontractors by 50% above 25K.

and their pensions...Id cut by 50% above whatever a single male gets from the state...so if thats 5K, and a Public sector pension is £50K (and some pensioners around here ex public sector certainly DO live like kings), the new pension would be 27.5K, and Id index that to current annuity rates that a money purchase scheme would provide.

So, yer cleaners, yer young nurses, would not be affected.

yer £60K middle Diversity execs would be free to look for the equivalents in the private sector.

Id also cancel the pay scales.

Jobs to go to protect fat cat salaries. It will another few hundred jobs to go when they start drawing their fat cat pensions.

The NHS budget has gone on upper level wages, now lower ranking jobs and services are being cut to keep them inflated.

When managers have less people under them to manage, do their wages go down in proportion to the reduction in their workload?

Resignations? I think you meant wage increases?

Typical. Nobody on this board seems to appreciate how stressful it is to have to make all these underlings redundant and how much the people at the top need to have their pay increased to compensate for all this extra stress they are under.

Typical. Nobody on this board seems to appreciate how stressful it is to have to make all these underlings redundant and how much the people at the top need to have their pay increased to compensate for all this extra stress they are under.

give em a corner office and a new car...a Beemer seems to be de rigour.