House Price Crash Forum

Interesting :rolleyes:

3 free issues?

http://info.moneyweek.com/?bbcam=adwds&bbkid=moneyweek&x=&jtid=11717488&UID=JF+-+Google&jchk=1&nolog=1&jdid=gg458792&gclid=CLiw4rL2_agCFQoY4QodelcKTg

Click on the above link and get 4 free issues, don't say i didn't save you money :D

Hmmm... did they end the presentation with the now-customary advice to start putting money into the black hole that is the Japanese economy?

(not interested enough to watch it).

Moneyweek have been right on gold for a long time, and the risks they allude to in this circular of theirs are only too real. But, like any source you have to do your own due diligence, so when it came to them touting Japan I wasn't convinced.

Besides, no need to go jumping straight in cos they say so, just take note of the heads up and sit back and watch the markets and soon enough you'll see if they were onto something or not. If they prove to be right, then you can start to invest before the crowds get involved, thereby minimising risks and maximising gains.

Who knows, they might have been right (personally I wasn't confident they were), but then a massive unaccounted for Black Swan came and did a bit watery radioactive dump all over Japan, so we'll never be sure.

Edited by General Congreve

It's the old broken clock thingy again, they were right about gold, and will be right about houses. Unfortunately so were plenty of HPCers, look at the old posts from, say, 2003. Those guys most definitely should have bought, they'd be sitting oh-so-pretty with tiny interest rates like everyone else.

Moneyweek have unfortunately become a mainstream magazine, and therefore should be regarded as such.

Guest spp

Some golden advice

Was that a new euro high today!?

And we've still not seen the first default...buckle up!

Yawn. Gold and subscription ramping, as always.

Also, I think its a fairly poor presentation. A dull, simple sounding fella reading from a powerpoint slide show which looks like an internet get-rich-quick scam.

they may be right on gold, though if they are some bonds won't be toxic either as if gold soars it's going to be QE and inflation.

can't agree with the buying of 'essential' stocks, if the 'cuts'come (already proven on here to be false, though i guess some jobs could be lost to lower wage essential jobs) then people aren't going to buy bogrolls with their dole cheque, they'll just get them courtesy of kfc etc.

which i guess works in with their ftse being toxic too, but i don't think they link investment opportunity with sociology (if that's the right 'ology').

I stopped watching once I saw they erroneously spell his name as Mervin King in the Housing segment.

You know what they say about little things......

I stopped watching once I saw they erroneously spell his name as Mervin King in the Housing segment.

You know what they say about little things......

You can see where their 'heart' is

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/home/index.html?in_page_id=1

thisismoney

a summary for people who cant be bothered watching it all

Sell:

Property

FTSE

Euro

Govt. Bonds

Buy:

Our magazine

The defensive stocks mentioned in our magazine

Gold

Did we mention the magazine

You can see where their 'heart' is

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/home/index.html?in_page_id=1

thisismoney

Have to admit I'm not getting the meaning there above. Some think their stuff is slick, I'm less impressed.

a summary for people who cant be bothered watching it all

Sell:

Property

FTSE

Euro

Govt. Bonds

Buy:

Our magazine

The defensive stocks mentioned in our magazine

Gold

Did we mention the magazine

:D