House Price Crash Forum
ʎqɐqɹǝʞɐɥs

When The Far East Account Manager For Merrill Lynch Sells His Putney Flat To Rent...

I have recently heard that an old distant friend of mine (our parents were friends and we grew up together for a few years) who works closely in finance and investments sold his lovely Putney residence at the end of last year to rent. For me when I heard this news I knew something is on the cards as not only was he and is he obsessed with money and markets he recently married into a family of builders. Is this a coincidence, my paranoia, or what?

:blink:

Edited by shakerbaby

I have recently heard that an old distant friend of mine (our parents were friends and we grew up together for a few years) who works closely in finance and investments sold his lovely Putney residence at the end of last year to rent. For me when I heard this news I knew something is on the cards as not only was he and is he obsessed with money and markets he recently married into a family of builders. Is this a coincidence, my paranoia, or what?

:blink:

I know somebody who's son works in the "City" sold his flat in London last year and is renting cheaper. Fully commited to re-enter the market, but is expecting a substantial correction.

Although this appears significant, we shouldn't think anyone knows substantially more than we do either way.

I used to be an Relationship Manager at a huge bank in the City, but my opinion is no more worthy than anyone elses.

I used to sort of idolise a doctor of economics I worked with, until I saw him get his predictions wrong over and over again. He always focused on what should happen, and what should happen is often reversed by irrational or panic behaviour within markets to certain events. Its why bubbles are possible.

Lots of people on here work in the city and have supposedly confidential information and massive research budgets at their fingertips. To be informed is good, but to expect to know what will happen is another matter.

But only in my opinion of course!