House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cashinmattress

Irish School Girls Have To Provide Their Own!

link

Ireland is surely in a bad way.

It’s common knowledge that Ireland has suffered a severe downturn in its financial fortunes over the past few years and everyone is said to be feeling the pinch. After a few years of great expansion and well-being, especially in the building trade, the countryside is littered with half-finished houses whose builders have gone to the wall, and the investors have already all jumped ship. The government is under pressure and is unlikely to survive the looming general election.

In times like these everyone has to make their little sacrifices. Some have had to forgo their annual holiday abroad, some have even had to abandon thoughts of a holiday at home, and the lack of funds has hit education as well as all other areas of public life. Teaching posts are hard come by and the upgrading of school buildings is not likely to be happening any time soon.

The ultimate indignity however has just been inflicted on one particular school, St John’s Girls National School in Carrigalin, County Cork. The Principal has sent a letter to the parents of all the little girls asking that they should bring to school their own toilet paper. This is no urban myth, it’s fact, and parents are mightily displeasured

On the other hand we all remember how inadequate school toilet paper always seems to be – very thin and slippery as I recall, not like greaseproof paper or tracing paper, so maybe it’s not such a bad idea.

Hmm. Let the comments commence...

On the other hand we all remember how inadequate school toilet paper always seems to be – very thin and slippery as I recall, not like greaseproof paper or tracing paper, so maybe it’s not such a bad idea.

You know that brings back some memories. I recall school toilet paper being exactly like very strong greaseproof paper, utterly useless for the job in hand and liable to cause injury :lol:

Why on earth was it like that in schools??

I assume that quote has an error btw. It should read "not unlike" instead of "not like".

You know that brings back some memories. I recall school toilet paper being exactly like very strong greaseproof paper, utterly useless for the job in hand and liable to cause injury :lol:

+1

It was smooth on one side and rough on the other. Made brilliant writing paper. I used to write to my friends with 'Government Property'-stamped bog roll when I was in the Navy - we bought our own soft Andrex for actually using in the loos. I guess that was the government still using WW2 stocks in the 1970's.

It was and is purposeful so people don't use it! Most of my old work places have had similar thus most people don't use it and therefore crap on their own time at home. Its a pretty common tactic everywhere. Restaurants etc use horrible bog roll so people are encouraged to not use it.

Shiny bog roll. Makes me think of spew covered in sawdust as well. Ah the memories.

I couldn't help myself from scrolling through the next few images, and found this:

hells_most_wanted.jpg

Most of it is par for the fundamentalist course, but my brain halted on one category and cannot move on: Sports Fans?

Great picture

:lol::lol:

Seriously, you don't bake macaroons whilst you're in the lav?

Weird

I couldn't help myself from scrolling through the next few images, and found this:

hells_most_wanted.jpg

Most of it is par for the fundamentalist course, but my brain halted on one category and cannot move on: Sports Fans?

Watching the footie will send you to hell but beastiality doesn't even make the list - assume this is a welsh church?

hells_most_wanted.jpg

Ticking down the list...

...BINGO!

hells_most_wanted.jpg

Blimey, hell wants me nine times over.