House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
homeless

So How Far Do The Bulls Think It Will Go

hello all

Bulls seem to be under the impression that things will tick along as they have been for the last few years, I just want to ask them here, how long and far will it tick along. ?

From what i gather from the media most places in the uk 95% are already out of reach on ftb;s, and for anyone else the mortgage is running at 6 times earnings on average for a couple, when there is a growing single occupancy public ie 30% of homes are now single occupied.

So bulls i ask you what will change that will make prices continue in there upward trend as you wish?

We have all heard on here of why a downward trend in prices is likely but not why an upward trend is.

some examples i give are this.

if we are at 6 times earnings now then it goes to say becuase 95% of ftbs ie young people are priced out, then we are realy at multiples of people in there 40s and 50s the people percieved to be at there wealthiest in life.

So where is the new money coming from to pay for ever increasing prices?, either you basing your opinions on higher wages in which case its inflations and thus has no percieved extra value, or your assuming prics will thus become 8x or 9x or 10x of rich peoples salaries( not ftbs)

so bulls on here where is the extra money coming from????

Edited by homeless

So bulls i ask you what will change that will make prices continue in there upward trend as you wish?

The very best that the bulls can hope for is for prices to stay still for the next several years whilst FTB incomes catch up.

However, this assumes a benign outlook, which is by no means guaranteed when there's so much debt around.

Rentier society.....

Won't happen under current renting laws. I am not moving every 6 months for the rest of my life, being ripped off my landlords, silly clauses etc.

Now give me a continual lease to use the property as I wish, with inflation increases in rent, a 3 month notice period, then I can see renting being more suitable for a larger proportion of the population.