House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
zebbedee

This Is An Anecdote But

Had a conversation with my mother yesterday and by the end of it I was ready to explode. Everything in it was just what is wrong with the UK

The neighbours house has just been bought, the bloke was round and the asking was £155k, he paid £165k

Other neighbour has no money, only gets £65 a week from the social (get a f..king job), couldn't pay for her broadband and she needs it for her 18yro son (get him to f..king pay for it). "Why hasn't she savings to fall back on", have you got savings? O yes you have gold... (yeh and the rest mother, O and I wouldn't get any benefits by the f..king way)

I mentioned gold being £930toz-aren't you going to sell it, "no, not yet", you can't spend gold but can spend money.-Yes thats right mother I'll buy worthless (becoming more worthless by the day) paper so I can go out and spend it because thats what I'm meant to do-support the economy of China!!!!

I was just seething by the end of it, could have exploded at her but bit my tongue, the sense of entitlement amongst them and that money is to be spent whether you have it or not, that I should fund the laziness (and lack of saving) of another.

Rant over. :angry:

Had a conversation with my mother yesterday and by the end of it I was ready to explode. Everything in it was just what is wrong with the UK

The neighbours house has just been bought, the bloke was round and the asking was £155k, he paid £165k

Other neighbour has no money, only gets £65 a week from the social (get a f..king job), couldn't pay for her broadband and she needs it for her 18yro son (get him to f..king pay for it). "Why hasn't she savings to fall back on", have you got savings? O yes you have gold... (yeh and the rest mother, O and I wouldn't get any benefits by the f..king way)

I mentioned gold being £930toz-aren't you going to sell it, "no, not yet", you can't spend gold but can spend money.-Yes thats right mother I'll buy worthless (becoming more worthless by the day) paper so I can go out and spend it because thats what I'm meant to do-support the economy of China!!!!

I was just seething by the end of it, could have exploded at her but bit my tongue, the sense of entitlement amongst them and that money is to be spent whether you have it or not, that I should fund the laziness (and lack of saving) of another.

Rant over. :angry:

Not sure I understand your post.

"Bloke" overpaid £10k for a house, "neighbour1" made £10k profit on it?

You are ranting about neighbour on benefits, but you can get benefits because your savings are held in yellow stuff?

Confoosed.com

Edited by Sir John Steed

I dunno, these lazy wasters loading up on gold thinking someone else's inflation is going to pay their lifestyle, so they can sit on their backside doing nothing in the future - the sense of entitlement just kills me

Where is the anecdotal butt?

I hear you, house near me was bought by a lovely gay couple for full 240K asking price after it had been on the market for 18 months. A week after moving in one of the them knocks on my door, introduces himself and then asks if I think they paid too much.

Loads of numpties out there believing they are in non-existent bidding wars, have to pay full asking, etc.

I hear you, house near me was bought by a lovely gay couple for full 240K asking price after it had been on the market for 18 months. A week after moving in one of the them knocks on my door, introduces himself and then asks if I think they paid too much.

Loads of numpties out there believing they are in non-existent bidding wars, have to pay full asking, etc.

I'm sure it will be worth more when the cellar is fully converted into a dungeon.

As said there are major disincentives to saving, the government is going nuts with the printing press and they are allowing inflation to go above 15.6% (the real rate of inflation is RPI x3). And when you have savings you get denied benefits.

So why save in easily tracable visible means?

Leave them to it is what I say. Although I'm seeing prices slowly fall I'm not getting involved until at least another 20% comes off the asking prices. I'd much rather compete in a market full of people scared to death of buying...

As said there are major disincentives to saving, the government is going nuts with the printing press and they are allowing inflation to go above 15.6% (the real rate of inflation is RPI x3). And when you have savings you get denied benefits.

So why save in easily tracable visible means?

Exactly, when push comes to shove the people who have the means to survive will be forced to liquidate those means, whereas the people who have pissed every penny up the wall will be handed whatever they desire.

Looking like you have no pot to piss in the only way to go in Slave Camp UK...

Not sure I understand your post.

"Bloke" overpaid £10k for a house, "neighbour1" made £10k profit on it?

You are ranting about neighbour on benefits, but you can get benefits because your savings are held in yellow stuff?

Confoosed.com

Not quite,bloke overpaid (i'd recon because house prices only go up and must over over to be the one who gets it), not all savings in gold, spread portfolio, the cash savings'll kill me (SOAB), so I contribute to a system that I cannot benefit from.

There was more in the conversation but those really pissed me off the most, the masses have been fooled into thinking that debt is wealth (nothing new here I know) and money is only to be spent in the here and now along with someone else should pick up the tab.

As for the neighbour on benefits it was more my mothers view that it was terrible that the state would only provide £65 a week for the woman to sit on her @rse all day.

Edited by zebbedee