House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pent Up

Hatton Garden Metals

A bit off topic but has anyone used these to sell gold? They quote a very good price on their website. I've got about 85g I'm looking to offload. A couple of people mentioned hatton garden metals on The OT forum but thought I might be able to get a bit more info here before it gets moved.

Thanks.

A bit off topic but has anyone used these to sell gold? They quote a very good price on their website. I've got about 85g I'm looking to offload. A couple of people mentioned hatton garden metals on The OT forum but thought I might be able to get a bit more info here before it gets moved.

Thanks.

the best i have ever dealt with

Why would you be looking to 'offload'?

They are two gold chains that I was given as gifts around 7 years. I don't wear jewellery so I've got no reason to keep them. Gold price is high and I'm not so sure it can keep rising besides it's not enough for any sort of investment as the value would only be around £800. I didn't mean offload in an investment sense, just want to get rid of them as part of general clear out.

Edited by Pent Up

Great thanks. I think I'll go with them, do they post you packet to post back and did they pay up straight away?

Thanks.

Because gold is in a bubble market and it's gonna crash soon perhaps?

:unsure:

Maybe, I don't know enough to know either way TBH.

Good to hear - I've seen a lot of good write-ups.

I've been thinking of selling some jewellery I never wear, but have dithered because of having to post it.

Also because some of it came from Middle Eastern gold souks, isn't hallmarked and I don't know what carat it is.

Hatton Garden have told me it's no problem, they test it all anyway, but still dithering.

Good to hear - I've seen a lot of good write-ups.

I've been thinking of selling some jewellery I never wear, but have dithered because of having to post it.

Also because some of it came from Middle Eastern gold souks, isn't hallmarked and I don't know what carat it is.

Hatton Garden have told me it's no problem, they test it all anyway, but still dithering.

MSE thread on HGM: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2084905&page=34

Looks very good. Just registered to post it tomorrow.

Heh I reckon HGM is a front for the Chinese government.... rumour has it that 'wealthy Chinese holiday makers' are going to the USA with backpacks filled with US$ to buy scrap gold in similar operations like cash4gold

Heh I reckon HGM is a front for the Chinese government.... rumour has it that 'wealthy Chinese holiday makers' are going to the USA with backpacks filled with US$ to buy scrap gold in similar operations like cash4gold

They can have my 82g for $1600.

82g of fine gold would be worth $1500 * 82/31.1 = $3950.

You must be talking 9ct (0.375 pure)? or 14ct (0.583) or 18ct (0.750)?

EDIT: btw, personally, i think you are bonkers to be selling just now. Gold is soooo cheap relative to external debt and all other measures of value.

Yep 375.

TBH £800 worth of gold is hardly much of an investment and as I say I don't know enough about it to know whether it can keep rising. I do know how much silver plummeted recently though!

TBH £800 worth of gold is hardly much of an investment and as I say I don't know enough about it to know whether it can keep rising. I do know how much silver plummeted recently though!

Provided you are putting the money to good use then by all means sell the Gold. If you are selling to put the money into a savings account that earns 3% while inflation is eating away the buying power of said money at somewhere close to 12% then I personally wouldn't bother. It costs nothing to leave in a drawer but it'll cost you 10% a year if you put in the bank given the current policies of the BoE and FED.

I wouldn't read too much into the drive by shooting of Silver, the idiot Banksters are sitting on massive short positions that they keep rolling over month after month. I doubt they'll ever take Silver down past the point they took out their naked shorts, but if they do then get ready for one hell of a rebound when they release those shorts. Not sure if they will release the shorts even if they do go in profit, it matters not to the Banksters, if they call it right they make money and get paid, if they call it wrong the taxpayer foots the bill and they still get paid, it's a win-win situation.

Sent off some broken chains yesterday - money paid in at lunchtime today - fantastic service . Thanks for the heads up.

+1

posted mine yesterday too, received the payment about 12:30.

Had mine valued by two jewlers at £740 and £750. They weighed it at 82g. Also had quotes of £660 and £460 from two cash for gold shops. HGM weighed it at 81.2g and paid £10.85/g which came to £880 (less £6 for insured postage) so very pleased.

thanks for recommending everyone.