• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

He is. Government can emit coinage. Everything else is a derivative.

Welcome back. However I'm not wrong.

I can emit coinage with my face printed on it but that doesn't have the same effect as the government doing so, even though I'm better looking than the queen.

HOLA448

I can emit coinage with my face printed on it but that doesn't have the same effect as the government doing so, even though I'm better looking than the queen.

So you are saying there can be no money (in your context - for the hard of hearing) without debt?

HOLA449

You can however create a medium of exchange for yourself and others.

After all if people in prison can, I can hardly see why you have less power to do so than they do.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

So you are saying there can be no money (in your context - for the hard of hearing) without debt?

Of course he is quite correct in that context.

Government and bankster money doesn't have any value unless they can make someone desperate for it. After all, unlike ciggies, government money has no market value at all.

HOLA4412

Yes. Money to be such must be unquestionably accepted for payment by all, thus all must be in debt to the exact tune of the amount of money.

Of course as soon as that happens, tax appears almost instantly.

HOLA4413

Of course he is quite correct in that context.

Government and bankster money doesn't have any value unless they can make someone desperate for it. After all, unlike ciggies, government money has no market value at all.

So if ALL debtors default - does ALL the coinage disappear? Does it lose its ability to form legal tender?

HOLA4414

Yes. Money to be such must be unquestionably accepted for payment by all, thus all must be in debt to the exact tune of the amount of money.

So if ALL debtors default - does ALL the coinage disappear? Does it lose its ability to form legal tender?

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

And what of future taxation?

That would be a debt created at gunpoint and is a different sceanrio than the one you suggested.

ofc, you might decide (if for instance your government was obviously in cahoots with a bunch of criminal shitheads) to say ****** it and not pay your taxes anyway. That would also remove the debt and the value.

HOLA4418

Of course as soon as that happens, tax appears almost instantly.

This isn't true either.

Money just has to be widely accepted, not universally.

HOLA4419

That would be a debt created at gunpoint and is a different sceanrio than the one you suggested.

Yes.

But expectations of future taxation or consumption of debt based services will not render coinage worthless. It's metallic content can be used to meet demand.

No debt but money will still circulate.

HOLA4420

Yes.

But expectations of future taxation or consumption of debt based services will not render coinage worthless. It's metallic content can be used to meet demand.

No debt but money will still circulate.

if it gets to that point you'd be better off knocking over a streetlight for the copper, tbh.

HOLA4421

There is no point distinguishing between tax and legal tender laws, since both create a cloud of debt, from which money springs.

If all debtors default but the coinage retains its value then it implies a debt remains that wants clearing.

So what I am saying is that debt exists at two levels, individuals (your debtors) and culturally, collectively (us all).

Any society surviving an implosion of the former and in which the latter has not lost all actual value implies that sufficient social cohesion and bonds

remain which implies the existence of debts which have not been cancelled.

It is theoretically possible for all money to disappear but for trade to continue using a scheme like ripple, which requires only a unit of

account which is pure information (and even that only needs to exist between pairs of individuals but no actual specie. Of course the issue does arise

of the fees due to whatever entity makes the ripple communication possible and ensures transactions atomicity....

HOLA4422

There is no point distinguishing between tax and legal tender laws, since both create a cloud of debt, from which money springs.

If all debtors default but the coinage retains its value then it implies a debt remains that wants clearing.

So what I am saying is that debt exists at two levels, individuals (your debtors) and culturally, collectively (us all).

Any society surviving an implosion of the former and in which the latter has not lost all actual value implies that sufficient social cohesion and bonds

remain which implies the existence of debts which have not been cancelled.

It is theoretically possible for all money to disappear but for trade to continue using a scheme like ripple, which requires only a unit of

account which is pure information (and even that only needs to exist between pairs of individuals but no actual specie. Of course the issue does arise

of the fees due to whatever entity makes the ripple communication possible and ensures transactions atomicity....

No, legal tender laws don't create debt.

If there were no contractual disputes then there would be no demand created. Not likely I know but accuracy is important.

HOLA4423

No this is wrong.

If I borrow a tenner from Bank Scepticus - you have funded this loan. I have received a benefit that you have forgone. This is debt.

Taxation is not debt because the recipient has not funded it initially - and it has no servicing cost to them.

Edited by Alan B'Stard MP

HOLA4424

No this is wrong.

If I borrow a tenner from Bank Scepticus - you have funded this loan. I have received a benefit that you have forgone. This is debt.

agreed.

Taxation is not debt because the recipient has not funded it initially - and it has no cost to them.

Of course it has a cost - if I am taxed then I forgo consumption, and the guy that gets a benefit whether it be jobseekers allowance or has

an assualt on her person prevented by Her Majesty's police has received the bounty of my forgone consumption.

HOLA4425

Of course it has a cost - if I am taxed then I forgo consumption, and the guy that gets a benefit whether it be jobseekers allowance or has

an assualt on her person prevented by Her Majesty's police has received the bounty of my forgone consumption.

It has no funding cost.

In fact the State received benefit by spending it in the first place.

Edited by Alan B'Stard MP