House Price Crash Forum

Meet The Women Who Love To Kill Animals - The Sun

HOLA441

Isn't there a US law that all women holding a gun have to be wearing tiny bikinis?

All life is precious. This is wrong. One thing killing animals for food and suvival, although I know people who disagree with this. Totally wrong to kill animals for sport.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

All life is precious. This is wrong. One thing killing animals for food and suvival, although I know people who disagree with this. Totally wrong to kill animals for sport.

Well this is small fry then, there are tons of redneck gunship pilots out there shooting unarmed civvies for sport, now and again you get youtube videos of it.

HOLA443

Isn't there a US law that all women holding a gun have to be wearing tiny bikinis?

Actually, iirc, it is the 28th Ammendment to the Constitution.

All life is precious. This is wrong.

You'd rather they wore burkhas? Ah...it is you TMT...full rubber gimp suits it is then!

HOLA444
HOLA445

All life is precious. This is wrong.

No, that's just the kind of nonsense rich Westerners spout before they sit back and return to watching TV rather than fly to Africa and dedicate their lives to saving the precious lives of starving Africans (or whatever).

And frankly it's also intensely hypocritical; our ancestors wiped out most of the wild animals in our countries because they wanted the land for farming and didn't want to get eaten by bears or wolves. Yet Africans are supposed to let their wild animals live free, destroy their crops and eat them.

I don't see the point in killing animals for fun, but if allowing a few whackos to shoot a fraction of those animals provides enough money to encourage the locals to operate nature reserves, then I'm all for it.

HOLA446

Zebras are plentiful and you don't know if the meat was eaten of not

so how can you say they are a disgrace.

They are just doing what humans have done for hundreds of thousands of years.

Theres a photo of them there with a dead hippo.

If they ate a whole hippo more power to 'em...

HOLA447

Humans are killing machines, we've been killing each other and other things since the dawn of man. So what makes you think it is going to be easy to edit out these traits out of people?

I've never killed anyone, and neither have you (I assume). So how am I a killing machine?

Lines like that are excuses. Nothing more.

Another good post.

HOLA448

They clearly have an urge to do this surely - otherwise they would not be doing it.

And I cannot see the purpose of playing a sniper on a computer game and getting a sense of achievement killing other humans

but millions do.

Have you ever tried hunting, because it may be that your natural instinct has just not been aroused so to speak.

:blink:

Yes but computer games are not real and if you don't get them they get you.

Townies don't get the country ways - cos it doesn't occur to them, that say, rabbits can cause a famine.

Having lived out in the country with a wabbit population nearby the unwritten rule was they can live in peace outside the garden fence if they entered to munch the flowers/grass/veg they got blasted.

You can see what farmers are up against with one example

"This means in one season/year a single female rabbit can produce as many as 800 children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren."

Deer have to be culled too cos they chew down all the young trees and do huge damage

HOLA449

Yup the 2%ers which the Army used to absolutely love as multiple studies in war found that soldiers were ineffective they would fire unaimed into the air or just simply cower in battle. While 2%ers would win all the victoria crosses. And why the army brainwashes its soldiers to kill without thinking in a reflex manner which causese psychological problems like all the soldiers who topped themselves after coming back home

That was also the poisons they had in their so-called 'vaccines'. (with Sharps)

HOLA4410

I don't think I'd feel comfortable shooting a hippo.. not least because there are not that many of them and they are protected by law.

That said, you can eat the meat and I'm sure in West Africa they wouldn't let good meat go to waste.

As is often the case though, I believe hippos are under greater threat from destruction of habitat than hunting/poaching.

HOLA4411

TBH I do not care one iota if someone shoots a Zebra or a Hippo.

But it is bizarre in the extreme to suggest this makes either me or these women mental cases.

Perhaps someone in the pro Zebra camp would care to explain why it is not ok to shoot Zebras

but it is perfectly acceptable to abort human babies?

because this makes me sick to the stomach and I cannot for the life of me understand how the same people who get so angry about the first issue give not a moments thought to the second.

HOLA4412

No, that's just the kind of nonsense rich Westerners spout before they sit back and return to watching TV rather than fly to Africa and dedicate their lives to saving the precious lives of starving Africans (or whatever).

Most people see a big difference between killing something because you're hungry and killing something because you get a kick out of its death.

And frankly it's also intensely hypocritical; our ancestors wiped out most of the wild animals in our countries because they wanted the land for farming and didn't want to get eaten by bears or wolves. Yet Africans are supposed to let their wild animals live free, destroy their crops and eat them.

Practical reasons for killing animals isn't what is being discussed.

HOLA4413

You know, a lot of people seem to think only very few priviledged people get to kill animals for fun or sport. Yet if you look around a bit it is quite normal.

A bloke on a bike forum for instance last night sat with an airrifle shooting rats.While chatting online. He doesn't intend to eat them.

Or travel farther afield. Like Vietnam or Thailand, there is almost an endless supply of white tourists who travel there specifically to kill animals with heavy weaponry. Shooting cows with rocket propelled grenades for instance (its a scam because nobody ever hits the cow). Or using an M60 on some goats. Or using grenades on Chickens. They don't intend to use them and these kinds of places stay in business.

I even recall Orwell in one of his books, maybe 1984 or coming up for air, where one of the charactors described a facet of being boy. Where they would steal chicks from birds nests and stamp on them. All perfectly normal behaviour not so long ago.

HOLA4414

Most people see a big difference between killing something because you're hungry and killing something because you get a kick out of its death.

There is no morally justifiable reason for killing animals at all.. none of us would starve if we stopped. The only difference I can see is that one interferes with the human pleasure of eating cooked flesh, the other interferes with the human pleasure of hunting wild animals (to eat its flesh or otherwise).

If you were a chicken, I don't think you'd object to the reason you were killed.. you would object to being killed at all.

HOLA4415

There is no morally justifiable reason for killing animals at all.. none of us would starve if we stopped. The only difference I can see is that one interferes with the human pleasure of eating cooked flesh, the other interferes with the human pleasure of hunting wild animals (to eat its flesh or otherwise).

If you were a chicken, I don't think you'd object to the reason you were killed.. you would object to being killed at all.

If all the people who currently eat meat stopped eating meat then millions WOULD starve.

Animals are generally raised on land that is unsuitable for growing food crops due to soil conditions, terrain, etc, etc

It therefore follows that a total shift to vegetarianism in the West would result in millions starving in the third world.

HOLA4416

If all the people who currently eat meat stopped eating meat then millions WOULD starve.

Animals are generally raised on land that is unsuitable for growing food crops due to soil conditions, terrain, etc, etc

It therefore follows that a total shift to vegetarianism in the West would result in millions starving in the third world.

I'm sorry but I simply don't believe that for a second.. not least because where do you think the largest demand for corn comes from?

I like the idea that most meat comes from pastoral lands.. but in reality I'm pretty sure most is still intensively farmed in sheds fed with pellets.

The feed industry is one of the most competitive businesses in the agricultural sector, and is by far the largest purchaser of U.S. corn, feed grains, and soybean meal.
link

Then you have the fact that we were able to run set-aside schemes in Europe for years.

Could you link me to any compelling evidence to back up your claim?

HOLA4417

Firstly let me apologise for suggesting that people who shoot Hippos for pleasure are sick & twisted etc - That was reactionary and judgemental. However, I clearly don't approve of the "sport" and would like to address some points before I leave the thread. There have been a number of issues raised which essentially argue that the desire to kill is innate and primitive. I'm sure research has been carried out on this subject and as always opinions are likely to have been divided. I intend to research this when I have time. It seems that some people not only enjoy the power but gain some sort of increased social identity from the pursuit or act. It's also likely these people came from a strict upbringing and may well be displacing anger or anxiety onto their prey. As previously mentioned on this thread, those that enjoy killing animals at an early age may well go on to become psychopathic. The connection isn't in doubt. One last point,in the wild predators kill the weak,old and sick,this obviously benefits both species.

HOLA4418

Humans evolved over millions of years into hunter gatherers - therefore we have a natural urge to hunt.

Perhaps this is why millions of humans spend billions of hours on computer games 'hunting'

Men have a natural urge to rape but it does not make it acceptable ( well in the UK at least)

HOLA4419

As far as I am aware, no country anywhere allows the hunting of endangered species.

The countries that are offering these holidays are probably very poor and the money these people provide no doubt helps fund sustainable jobs for local people who might otherwise hunt for ivory or rhino horn.

There is obviously a limit to the numbers of Zebra the ecology can support and if one gets shot one more will survive.

skint countries taking yank dollars sounds risky to the zebra's for me.

of course i'm sure it's all above board and that there is no corruption at either side.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

If the huntress ate part of the Hippo or Zebra and the rest was distributed to be eaten, then fine.

Don't be silly. Even if you leave the carcass where it is, there are plenty of hungry scavengers, nothing is wasted.

Besides that, hippos are plentiful in certain areas and one of the most dangerous animals to encounter, as they kill lots of people(and enjoy it). So, shooting them saves lives. And brings money from tourists. But eh, you'd rather folks there live in abject poverty getting chased by hippos...

Men have a natural urge to rape but it does not make it acceptable ( well in the UK at least)

And you have a natural urge to talk shite. Then again, nomen est omen...

HOLA4422

I've got no problem with someone killing an animal if they eat it. I bet most of the carcasses pictured were not, at which point it is the taking of life for nothing other than a psychological kick.

What difference does it make if an animal ends up as a turd in the toilet or a trophy on a wall? If you want to take that argument to it's conclusion we should all be vegetarians. Nobody needs to eat meat.

It's fun to hunt and then kill animals.

HOLA4423

Eating is entertainment for most people. Hunting is entertainment for a few people. Both require the killing animals.

Nobody NEEDS to do either. You're eating that hamburger for entertainment... masturbating your taste buds. How is it any different from shooting an animal and NOT eating it? At least the ladies in those pictures aren't obese.

HOLA4424

For Men or Women, it's just... pathetic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOea217OszQ

I'm not fond of killing. I've done it as a kid, and don't particularly want to do it again. I certainly am not interested in shooting semi tame animals at a feeding trough, which is how some of these places seem to work. I find that form of hunting somehow pathetic, and indicative of just how far removed people have become from the "real" world. Mind you, Louis Theroux's perspective is also indicative of a similar neurotic detachment from reality.

Without these hunting businesses Africa will be denuded of native wildlife like Europe in the very near future. The Zimbabweans have, by all accounts slaughtered everything as their economy has collapsed. Similar things have happened in other African countries when there is societal breakdown. National parks do not survive economic collapse and population pressure.

If it was not for hunting, these places would be growing cows and orange trees as one of the farm owners obserevd. Instead the animals have a better, and probably longer, life than they would in the wild. You don't get vets on the Serengeti. They also get to die much quicker and cleaner than most do in the wild. I can assure you, having seen quite a few uncut videos from fellow biologists, that lions and other predators don't always bother killing their prey before starting on dinner. It is quite unsettling seeing a Thompson's gazelle having its viscera being devoured whilst it is still alive.

I think the last 5 minutes or so of part 4 of the documentary posted above sums it up rather well.

Sure, I'd rather large tracts of the natural world were left to its own devices and that people didn't feel the urge to hunt and kill for sport and ego massage, but until we do something about reducing the human population, the only way these animals are going to survive is as a business interest. Anyone hoping that the planet will still have big wild animals and predators in a hundred years should thank their lucky stars there are people who are willing to pay big bucks to slaughter them.

HOLA4425

I'm not fond of killing. I've done it as a kid, and don't particularly want to do it again. I certainly am not interested in shooting semi tame animals at a feeding trough, which is how some of these places seem to work. I find that form of hunting somehow pathetic, and indicative of just how far removed people have become from the "real" world. Mind you, Louis Theroux's perspective is also indicative of a similar neurotic detachment from reality.

Without these hunting businesses Africa will be denuded of native wildlife like Europe in the very near future. The Zimbabweans have, by all accounts slaughtered everything as their economy has collapsed. Similar things have happened in other African countries when there is societal breakdown. National parks do not survive economic collapse and population pressure.

If it was not for hunting, these places would be growing cows and orange trees as one of the farm owners obserevd. Instead the animals have a better, and probably longer, life than they would in the wild. You don't get vets on the Serengeti. They also get to die much quicker and cleaner than most do in the wild. I can assure you, having seen quite a few uncut videos from fellow biologists, that lions and other predators don't always bother killing their prey before starting on dinner. It is quite unsettling seeing a Thompson's gazelle having its viscera being devoured whilst it is still alive.

I think the last 5 minutes or so of part 4 of the documentary posted above sums it up rather well.

Sure, I'd rather large tracts of the natural world were left to its own devices and that people didn't feel the urge to hunt and kill for sport and ego massage, but until we do something about reducing the human population, the only way these animals are going to survive is as a business interest. Anyone hoping that the planet will still have big wild animals and predators in a hundred years should thank their lucky stars there are people who are willing to pay big bucks to slaughter them.

Wow ! I consider myself to have been truly educated - I'd like to obviously thank those people who have and will pay big bucks to slaughter these animals - I honestly was unaware that their intentions were so divinely blessed - thank you so much - you've opened my eyes - gosh I feel rather silly and naive because I previously thought the people running these events were only in it for the money and the punters were borderline psychopathic - turns out they're all saving the planet - lovely.

Archived