House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ill_handle_it

Meet The Women Who Love To Kill Animals - The Sun

My link

A rather disturbing story - Couldn't find any more detail on this charming woman and her daughter - Is killing animals of this type legal ?

What exactly is the difference between a human killing a Zebra and a Lion killing a Zebra?

:blink:

So?

50 years ago we were ALL killing our own animals. Where do you think meat comes from? I'd go even further if you haven't killed an animal yourself you should not eat meat.

What a bunch of charming women they are. They even get the kids involved in their wanton slaughter. I dont really know what kind of kick people can get out of doing this. Is it some sort of feeling of power and dominance over animals in a bid to quell their own pathetic insecurities?

What exactly is the difference between a human killing a Zebra and a Lion killing a Zebra?

If the huntress ate part of the Hippo or Zebra and the rest was distributed to be eaten, then fine.

If the huntress was in mortal danger from the animal, and shooting was self defence, then fine.

If it was part of a management cull and the 'bounty money' for the privilige went into conservation, then fine.

If the hunter had killed the animal with a bow and arrow at close range 'as an equal in its environment', then pretty much fine too if it was eaten.

But to hide cowardly behind the range of a bullet and pretend you are a hunter for fun, well that is just not fine in my book, and certainly not manly.

I don't mind killing. But I am afraid I do not respect the views of people who kill for pleasure and not for purpose.

So?

50 years ago we were ALL killing our own animals. Where do you think meat comes from? I'd go even further if you haven't killed an animal yourself you should not eat meat.

Are you answering a different post ?

What a bunch of charming women they are. They even get the kids involved in their wanton slaughter. I dont really know what kind of kick people can get out of doing this. Is it some sort of feeling of power and dominance over animals in a bid to quell their own pathetic insecurities?

Humans evolved over millions of years into hunter gatherers - therefore we have a natural urge to hunt.

Perhaps this is why millions of humans spend billions of hours on computer games 'hunting'

If the huntress ate part of the Hippo or Zebra and the rest was distributed to be eaten, then fine.

If the huntress was in mortal danger from the animal, and shooting was self defence, then fine.

If it was part of a management cull and the 'bounty money' for the privilige went into conservation, then fine.

If the hunter had killed the animal with a bow and arrow at close range 'as an equal in its environment', then pretty much fine too if it was eaten.

But to hide cowardly behind the range of a bullet and pretend you are a hunter for fun, well that is just not fine in my book, and certainly not manly.

I don't mind killing. But I am afraid I do not respect the views of people who kill for pleasure and not for purpose.

How do you know they didn't eat the Zebra?

Nothing.

But we aren't talking about the psychological state of the zebra.

It seems to me we are actually discussing the psychological state of the people who object.

The people hunting are perfectly normal and happy.

:)

So?

I've got no problem with someone killing an animal if they eat it. I bet most of the carcasses pictured were not, at which point it is the taking of life for nothing other than a psychological kick.

Humans evolved over millions of years into hunter gatherers - therefore we have a natural urge to hunt.

Perhaps this is why millions of humans spend billions of hours on computer games 'hunting'

But they are not 'hunting' in the food gathering sense.

millions spend billions on computer games because they have lost contact with the world and its environment.

While the hunters are 'out in the environment', it is in a very sanitised and safe manner. As I said above, using a bullet and telescopic sight to enable you to kill for fun is hardly manly.

How do you know they didn't eat the Zebra?

perhaps the word 'If' gives away the fact that I don't know whether they did or didn't

as I said

IF they ate the zebra, or gazelle or hippo, or cougar, or bear, then FINE

hunting is only ok if it's a plentiful species and you actually eat the meat

these people are a disgrace

hunting is only ok if it's a plentiful species and you actually eat the meat

these people are a disgrace

Zebras are plentiful and you don't know if the meat was eaten of not

so how can you say they are a disgrace.

They are just doing what humans have done for hundreds of thousands of years.

perhaps the word 'If' gives away the fact that I don't know whether they did or didn't

as I said

IF they ate the zebra, or gazelle or hippo, or cougar, or bear, then FINE

I stand corrected.

:)

Perhaps. But was the hunting of our ancestors not borne more out of necessity. This kind of hunting just seems purposeless. Even in the example you give of video games there is purpose to the 'hunting'. Im not really interested in the morality of the issue, i'm just curious as to what peoples motivation is to hunt animals in this fashion. As i myself dont have the urge to do this (and neither does anyone i know), i really dont think the 'natural urge to hunt' is as great as you suggest.

But they are not 'hunting' in the food gathering sense.

millions spend billions on computer games because they have lost contact with the world and its environment.

While the hunters are 'out in the environment', it is in a very sanitised and safe manner. As I said above, using a bullet and telescopic sight to enable you to kill for fun is hardly manly.

I think the gathering is seperate from the hunting.

Personally I'm not entirely sure how giving the animal a 'sporting chance' alters the ethics of the act.

I'm pretty sure if I fell in the lion enclosure at a Zoo, the lions would not give me a sporting chance and nor would I expect them to.

Lions are lions and they do what lions do.

Humans are humans and they do what humans do.

TBH I think ethics are completely distorted in the modern world.

If these women aborted their unborn children this would be seen as a victory for women's rights

if they shoot a Zebra they are murdering psychopaths

???????????????????

Perhaps. But was the hunting of our ancestors not borne more out of necessity. This kind of hunting just seems purposeless. Even in the example you give of video games there is purpose to the 'hunting'. Im not really interested in the morality of the issue, i'm just curious as to what peoples motivation is to hunt animals in this fashion. As i myself dont have the urge to do this (and neither does anyone i know), i really dont think the 'natural urge to hunt' is as great as you suggest.

They clearly have an urge to do this surely - otherwise they would not be doing it.

And I cannot see the purpose of playing a sniper on a computer game and getting a sense of achievement killing other humans

but millions do.

Have you ever tried hunting, because it may be that your natural instinct has just not been aroused so to speak.

Perhaps. But was the hunting of our ancestors not borne more out of necessity. This kind of hunting just seems purposeless. Even in the example you give of video games there is purpose to the 'hunting'. Im not really interested in the morality of the issue, i'm just curious as to what peoples motivation is to hunt animals in this fashion. As i myself dont have the urge to do this, i really dont think the 'natural urge to hunt' is as great as you suggest.

I enjoy hunting with a pack of hounds, whether it be foxhounds for foxes or Jack Russels for rats. You can argue about this, but to me this is a natural and fair way to hunt vermin. I enjoy seeing the pack work as a unit to hunt. I get no pleasure from the killing.

I also use guns for vermin, interestingly, when using a gun it is a very different experience. There is no enjoyment in any part of the process.

If I kill an animal for any other purpose than pest control I will only have killed in order to eat it. I would also never kill more than I could eat.

Personally, I would not get any pleasure from hiding behind a bush and shooting a hippo

I think the gathering is seperate from the hunting.

Personally I'm not entirely sure how giving the animal a 'sporting chance' alters the ethics of the act.

I am not talking about the ethics of the act. I just don't see how using a gun from behind a bush as 'hunting'. You might as well use a drone operated from your living room.

So if you use a drone and you just want to fell a wild animal, what are you,,, a hunter ?