House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dave

Jeolous Neighbour

They will be, especially when they find out that the new neighbours paid 66k less this year.

25 Kelmore Grove, East Dulwich, London , sale date was 12/1/2004, sold for 416k

Allsop has recorded the sale of 23 Kelmore Grove, East Dulwich, London as being 350k on the 15/09/2005.

However, the difference could be explained by the difference in decor. ;)

I have got to admit, I did find it alot harder finding bearish examples in this auction. Savills Auction on the 22/09/2005 was very bearish in it's results. Most of the properties that went through went no way near there giude price. Do not know if location of the auction had anything to do with it, but this Savills auction was based in Nottingham.

Another interesting note that two of the only few bearish examples found in the Savills Auction (in London) on the 19/09/2005 was two flats sold in Nottingham.

Edited by dave

An interesting statement. I have the savills guide prices and auction prices here in front of me and dont see what you purport.

Do you have any examples becuase even your two Nottingham flats at The Arboretum only went for Flat 3 GP £50k AP £53 and Flat 2 GP £35k AP £38k. Hardly bearish prices if anything still bullish.

:)

I have looked into the Savills Auction result in details and posted the results here.

As for the flats on the Arboretum on Forest Road West, the last Flat that sold on this Road sold for 82.5k, and the one before that sold 137.5k. Another reason why I thought that these were very good in comparison to the London prices, the both flats only achieved an additional 3k on the guide price. Most of the London prices went way beyond that. The 1st flat sold 6% above guide price. Taking a random example of London, Second Floor Flat, 16 St Stephens Gardens, Bayswater, London had giude of 95k, sold for 130k, an increase of 37%. I am sure if I had the time, I can pick out loads of examples.