House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bear Goggles

Bbc - Rents Reached Record High In April

Hey, good news for landlords according to the BBC (nicely spun by a press release from letting agency network LSL Property Services)

Record rents - Woohoo! It must be a great time to get into BTL right?

Rents rose by 0.8% compared with the previous month and were 4.4% higher than a year earlier

Hmmm.... so below inflation then.

Landlords were facing a decline in property values...

Bummer, oh well, in it for the long term and all that - It's still income isn't it...

...and the proportion of tenants in arrears leapt, with 11.8% of all UK rent unpaid or paid late by the end of April

Oh, maybe it's not... I can't think why tenants would be struggling to pay their (record) rent, can you?

However, the calendar was one key reason for these late payments, according to LSL estate agency managing director David Newnes.

Ahhh... that'll be it, the calendar. I always forget to pay my bills when Saturn is rising in the second quadrant of Andromeda.

Nevertheless, despite the short-term factors, landlords need to remain especially vigilant over the medium-term.

Yep. Vigilance that'll be the answer to it. Keep calm and carry on.

Edited by Bear Goggles