House Price Crash Forum

Buyers Fear They Won't Get On The Property Ladder Until They're 43 - And A Third Have Just Given Up Even Trying

HOLA441
HOLA442

Raising my hand from the back of the class...

Can someone in the know provide a couple of sentences' summary of the changes to HB and when the important ones re HPC are going to take effect. Ta muchly.

under 35s will only get shared-occupation housing benefit, not 1 bed flat.

cap at 4 bed house for large families

over 3 years (I think) HB will be slowly reduced to 30th percentile of local rents not 50th, therefore removing the positive feedback between rising rents and rising HB

and after that it will be linked to CPI inflation

(I think, please correct me/add more HPCrs)

Edited by Si1

HOLA443

under 35s will only get shared-occupation housing benefit, not 1 bed flat.

cap at 4 bed house for large families

over 3 years (I think) HB will be slowly reduced to 30th percentile of local rents not 50th, therefore removing the positive feedback between rising rents and rising HB

and after that it will be linked to CPI inflation

(I think, please correct me/add more HPCrs)

Much appreciated! Can anyone confirm the timescales - I know the details of that have changed.

HOLA444

The changes are alos running at the same time of the soon-to-be-announced IDP benefits changes.

Basicailly a household cap and work-fare, whichwill have a bigger affect the HBchanges as it will shake so many people out of the benefit tree.

HOLA445

The changes are alos running at the same time of the soon-to-be-announced IDP benefits changes.

Basicailly a household cap and work-fare, whichwill have a bigger affect the HBchanges as it will shake so many people out of the benefit tree.

cheers

HOLA446
HOLA447

yer dont you love it, will they cap MPs expenses, the queens expenses, big companies tax payments etc.. no they go after the little guy that is expected to pay most of his wage in tax just so that the wealthy can become even richer.

Dont moan when the vast amounts of unemployed start stealing or undercutting you already low wage, benefits have no great impact on you life, house prices, wars and government funding has.

HOLA448

Thanks, a start, I see existing tenants get nine months from the anniversary after April 11 before the benefit reduction takes place. Private renters who are not on benefits get two months notice of a rent rise. Will be interesting to see if the LLs start to reduce rents or evict but we will not know for at least a year.

They will not reduce rents, you'll end up with more expense for the tax payer, you still believe what they tell you and yet again people fall for it.They are telling you what you would like too hear, and its not fixing the problem, the real problem of immigration and house prices, if the really wanted to do something they would start a large scale social housing project.

Edited by crash2006