House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tomandlu

A Cure For Cancer?

A bit OT, but there's a vague economics connection with regard to the big pharma companies...

Scientists cure cancer but no one takes notice

This drug doesn’t require a patent, so anyone can employ it widely and cheaply compared to the costly cancer drugs produced by major pharmaceutical companies.

Anyone have any insight as to how accurate the article is, or how realistic the suggested treatment?

Ask yourself;

"They've" cured cancer and it's only known about by THE INTERNET TRUTHERS

How likely is it that this is actually the case?

Ask yourself;

Switch your brain on, that might prevent you from posting such irrelevant nonsense.

with regards to that cure, sounds interesting, but it's by far not the only effective cure for cancer that has been found.

Simple inexpensive baking soda can cure many cancers, I know personally of someone who's cancer got cured like that by an open-minded doctor.

Switch your brain on, that might prevent you from posting such irrelevant nonsense.

with regards to that cure, sounds interesting, but it's by far not the only effective cure for cancer that has been found.

Simple inexpensive baking soda can cure many cancers, I know personally of someone who's cancer got cured like that by an open-minded doctor.

I'm having trouble equating "Switch your brain on" with using baking soda to cure cancer...

I'm having trouble equating "Switch your brain on" with using baking soda to cure cancer...

Sorry you probably misunderstood. My "Switch your brain on" comment was a reply to the abusive comment of pete.hpc.

The wikipedia link linked from that page had more interesting/objective information.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dichloroacetic_acid

In 2010 it was found that for human colorectal tumours grown in mice, under hypoxic conditions, DCA decreased rather than increased apoptosis, resulting in enhanced growth of the tumours. These findings suggest that at least in some cancer types DCA treatment could be detrimental to patient health, highlighting the need for further testing before it can be considered a safe and effective cancer treatment.

Not going to comment on the 'no money in it = no research done' side of things, i'd like to keep at least once little splinter of respect for humanity.

I cured my AIDS with pickled onion flavour Monster Munch.

I hope they've found a cure. It seems to be very common.

Based on my experience (work, family, friends) over a few year timescales I would say it's about 1 in 20 to 1 in 15 bpeople over that period. Over lifetime it must be close to 50:50 chance.

I've read about this before as has been used as an argument, for partaking in a low carb diet, and running in a state of ketosis (fat metabolism) rather than carbohydrate metabolism.

My understanding was that cancer cells need glucose, and the article I read suggest that doctors were killing their cancer patients by putting them on a glucose drip.

I'll try and find more info, I didn't really know enough to form an opinion, one way or another.

Update:

http://www.ketogenic-diet-resource.com/cancer-treatments.html

But hey, I'm sure the drug firms know what they are doing.

I hope they've found a cure. It seems to be very common.

Based on my experience (work, family, friends) over a few year timescales I would say it's about 1 in 20 to 1 in 15 bpeople over that period. Over lifetime it must be close to 50:50 chance.

My sister-in-law died of cancer in Feb - first ever in my extended family.

When clued in to cancer news & gossip, I was shocked at how many people have to fight the beast.

There are many uses for baking powder/sodium bicarbonate - 75, in fact, but curing cancer doesn't rank:

http://lifehackery.com/2008/07/22/home-4/

There are many plausible alternative therapies, but they're tickets for a lottery rather than something dependable.

Ask yourself;

How likely is it that this is actually the case?

Maybe too obvious to even post, but spot on nonetheless.