House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SarahBell

House Sold? Not Sold?

I wonder why...

1 12/11/2007 £112,000 Semi F No Map 229, Moston Lane East, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M40 3HY

2 28/06/2002 £31,500 Semi F No Map 229, Moston Lane East, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M40 3HY

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-29845589.html

19 May 2011

Brief Description changed: REDUCED - Garden fronted 3 bedroomed end terrace situated in a popular & convenient location. The property comes with planning permission for a 3 story 4 bedroomed property on the side, along with an extra story on the existing dwelling. This is a good investment opportunity and would suit the builder/inv... b...

Price changed: from '£124,950' to '£115,000'

21 January 2011

Price changed: from '£149,950' to '£124,950'

14 May 2010

Initial entry found.

Was for sale with EM auctions and NP and is still for sale

At the May/june 2010 auction it "sold" but the buyer disappeared and I was told that the seller was looking for around 95k now on it in June 2010

So perhaps their wildly optimistic price of 149k was just a bit too much!

Edited by SarahBell

So perhaps their wildly optimistic price of 149k was just a bit too much!

Pretty much seems to be the story of this year, so far. I'm just seeing a growing (and growing...and growing...) backlog of unsold properties. Still, you have to laugh at the insanity of it all. :)

EDIT: Added the ", so far" bit, as I think the second half of the year will be a serious wake-up call to many.

Edited by Nomadd

A couple of identical properties I am watching which are literally next door makes for some interesting research.

Exhibit A started nine months ago at 140K

Exhibit B arrived two months after at 135K

In January Exhibit A dropped to 135K

The following day, Exhibit B dropped to 130K

I've just noticed one of them has dropped to 127.5K. I thought it was B, being keener to get a sale, but it's A that has dropped 7.5K. B will respond very soon I reckon! Bet they have some interesting conversations over the garden fence lol!