House Price Crash Forum

Steel Firm To Cut 1500 Jobs

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

No problem, they could open another council backed estate agency. That appears to be a growth sector in the economy. Forget McDonalds, they're using self service tills. Lets er hope 1500 of them are middle aged women!

HOLA447
HOLA448

No problem, they could open another council backed estate agency. That appears to be a growth sector in the economy. Forget McDonalds, they're using self service tills. Lets er hope 1500 of them are middle aged women!

Consider that Port Talbot has the largest Ta Ta steelworks in Europe, is it not possible that the Neath PT Council Estate Agent Team is the only thing that stopped the PT steelworks being closed? :blink:

OK, it is a long one, but I thought I would run it up the flagpole.

HOLA449

Consider that Port Talbot has the largest Ta Ta steelworks in Europe, is it not possible that the Neath PT Council Estate Agent Team is the only thing that stopped the PT steelworks being closed? :blink:

OK, it is a long one, but I thought I would run it up the flagpole.

:lol:

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

They are laying them off in the down turns and re employing them on temp contracts and reduced rates as an when required

As for Port Talbot I don't think it will be long before you see more jobs go there as it`s main customer`s are the car industry,with car sales like they are its only a matter off time

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Japan's economic standing is finished, Europe is descending into an era of fascism, the Arab world is a tinder box fuelled by western interests, and Britain is running out of energy, fast.

China is actively engaging a new sphere of geopolitical interest, and America is falling apart from the inside.

1500 jobs at some crummy steel mill isn't really news, unfortunate yes, but merely a predictable symptom of the above.

EDIT: you all may complain, but who among you is buying 'British'. Nobody? Just as I thought.

Edited by cashinmattress

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

I thought that Redcar had been bought by some Vietnamese company. People are back at the plant as I notice the queues

Redcar was bought by a Thai company.

The Job Losses are are Skinningrove, Lackenby (300 between them) and Hartlepool (90) which are still Tata owned

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420