House Price Crash Forum

To the contributors on this forum.. from a long-time lurker.. Charlie The Tramp, shakerbaby, DonnieDarker.. to name a few (there are other guys I haven't mentioned).

THANKS!

After finishing Uni 2 years ago with a massive saddle of debt, looking at the rising prices and thinking that I'd never get a house. Ironically I learned all the right lessons about money too late. However, before things got too dark, I stumbled upon this site and have been encouraged! This site and you people have encouraged me to research, provided tons or real facts and information and helped me to see with a balanced view, the UK property market.

I'm in the same boat as a lot of graduates the last 2 years, especially IT, the market was dead 2 years ago and it took me a whole year to find an IT job. It's higher than average graduate salary but nothing that would get me a realistic mortgage in this economic climate. Yes I have debts and I was there, buying things on credit as a student not even thinking about the future. Now it will take me at least another 4 years to clear the unsecured debt I have (with some help from my fiance).

Thanks to you lot, I have discovered I am not the only one in this boat, and the great thing that needs to happen is happening. Demand has plummeted, us young people cannot afford, even with partners. Everyone is waking up.. and I for one am looking to spread the HPC good news! :rolleyes:

For the record, this month end I'm moving out of my rented accomodation back into my mums house. Its warm, low rent and Im happy to help pay off her mortgage. As for my current landlady, she lost her job before the summer and has been struggling to make ends meet. I'm not gloating, I feel sorry for her. Her mother died 6 months ago and she's been struggling to sell her mothers house for the last 5 months.. no offers! Already shes starting to lower the heating, using 40w lightbulbs, washing at night and turning off at the wall sockets (even the dvd/video players). I'm really glad to be leaving - it just doesn't seem to make sense right now to own a house!

You're in a great position.

Stay at home, dump the debt, save cash, and look to buy in 5 years when prices have well and truly tanked.

In the mean time, enjoy life, travel, learn, and feel sorry for the people who felt the urge to jump on the housing ladder.

Just don't do anything I wouldn't do... B)

Edited by BandWagon

To the contributors on this forum.. from a long-time lurker.. Charlie The Tramp, shakerbaby, DonnieDarker.. to name a few (there are other guys I haven't mentioned).

THANKS!

After finishing Uni 2 years ago with a massive saddle of debt, looking at the rising prices and thinking that I'd never get a house. Ironically I learned all the right lessons about money too late. However, before things got too dark, I stumbled upon this site and have been encouraged! This site and you people have encouraged me to research, provided tons or real facts and information and helped me to see with a balanced view, the UK property market.

I'm in the same boat as a lot of graduates the last 2 years, especially IT, the market was dead 2 years ago and it took me a whole year to find an IT job. It's higher than average graduate salary but nothing that would get me a realistic mortgage in this economic climate. Yes I have debts and I was there, buying things on credit as a student not even thinking about the future. Now it will take me at least another 4 years to clear the unsecured debt I have (with some help from my fiance).

Thanks to you lot, I have discovered I am not the only one in this boat, and the great thing that needs to happen is happening. Demand has plummeted, us young people cannot afford, even with partners. Everyone is waking up.. and I for one am looking to spread the HPC good news! :rolleyes:

For the record, this month end I'm moving out of my rented accomodation back into my mums house. Its warm, low rent and Im happy to help pay off her mortgage. As for my current landlady, she lost her job before the summer and has been struggling to make ends meet. I'm not gloating, I feel sorry for her. Her mother died 6 months ago and she's been struggling to sell her mothers house for the last 5 months.. no offers! Already shes starting to lower the heating, using 40w lightbulbs, washing at night and turning off at the wall sockets (even the dvd/video players). I'm really glad to be leaving - it just doesn't seem to make sense right now to own a house!

Welcome to the madness, what took you so long? But seriously keep your head down earn some dollars stay at home pay off your debts and save save save for the future. Its exactly what I have done over that last year (and this is after many years of excess!). Now I am totally debt free and saving under a grand a month. And for what cost... 15 squid a week rent and remembering to phone my Mum at 2 am to say I dont wait up amd worry.

Again welcome, please enjoy your stay. B)