House Price Crash Forum

I knew one time this happened in '88. Two blokes plus a third buying as "an investment".

Same here, I remember some of my mates doing that in about 1991, and like you said, ended up in negative equity and a world of pain, particularly when one of them got a girlfriend who ate everything in the fridge.. when you're name is on the mortgage you can't just move out.

And people said "weren't those just crazy times, we'll never let prices get so high again.."

Hahaha. They have a deed which "states the level of offer they would accept if they decided to sell the property." :lol::lol:

My wife has a couple of friends who bought together. He bought with her in the forlorn hope she would fall in love with him, yada yada yada.

Anyway, he met someone else, and then wanted his share to buy somewhere else. The value of the house could not be agreed. Cue massive fall out.

Neither of them speak to each other these days, but just bitch about each other to my wife who doesn't want to get involved.

NEVER buy with a friend. It will all end in tears. The fall out goes beyond the co-purchasers.

EA on now ?! FFS.

£850 to rent a 2 bed flat in Manchester ?! Same place would cost only 450 per month in mortgage payments. 'Money to be made' :blink:

Is this chump just bare faced lying or taking the most extreme examples possible to make a very lame point ?

This reads like Manc' flat prices have collapsed!

I doubt there would be any rental demand at that £850 price.

This reads like Manc' flat prices have collapsed!

I doubt there would be any rental demand at that £850 price.

I've just been looking at the manchester rental market - there are lots of 2 beds going for 850, not being taken up for months. 650-750 seems to be the range they go for. Housing benefit is 600 a month for a 2 bed so nothing goes below that.

I have just (over)paid £675 pm for a 1 bed with a tiny study or "half bedroom" as the EA described it. I am being done for at least £100 a month more than it is worth but for 6 months and it being right on the doorstep of work I will suck it up. Work is moving near to the train station next year so I will either buy or rent on the outskirts depending on how things look in the winter.

But this time they've got smart and put it in their contract that they won't accept less than a certain amount when they sell it! :lol: I still can't get over how ridiculous that is.

:o:lol:

EA on now ?! FFS.

£850 to rent a 2 bed flat in Manchester ?! Same place would cost only 450 per month in mortgage payments. 'Money to be made' :blink:

Is this chump just bare faced lying or taking the most extreme examples possible to make a very lame point ?

I really have to ask where those numbers come from.

The article on the beeb is open for comments, could someone who has a beeb account please make some sensible comments.

'added comment 33:

BBC property ramping is getting really desperate now.

Just face facts. THE HOUSE PRICE BOOM IS OVER. In real terms prices are now falling hard, soon they will be falling hard in nominal terms too. When measured in real money (gold and silver) they have already crashed, and have much further to go.

Wake up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13411292