House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ralphmalph

Petrol Prices Are The Least Of Peoples Worries

MORI+Issues+Index+May+11.jpg

Lot of talk on here and posts about how high petrol prices are going to decimate the disposable income of the masses. Well this survey says it is not and is perhaps backed up by the retail sales figures which contary to the VI "keep IR rates low brigade in the media" are strong.

Also the detail is interesting, most worried are public sector workers, least worried people in London and the south east, most worried people are in the Wales. Also the social economic group AB (prefessionals) are twice as worried as the DE (low paid/low income).

So the moral of the story must be that if you are a well paid professional in the public sector in Wales it is moist bum time. Whereas a low paid manual worker in London/SE is spending all their money on wine women/men and song.

MORI+Issues+Index+May+11.jpg

If people haven't got a job, they don't need the petrol to get to work and can't afford to go to the shops to buy stuff anyway...

....the young won't require petrol or the car they could possibly afford, it's the high cost of insurance that prices them out......so even if they had a job, if they live in the wrong place that has little or no public transport they couldn't get to work anyway. ;)

I live in S Wales and I'm not really worried. I don't recognize the Wales that some of the doom merchants, Armageddon types on this forum seem to portray. :lol:

You must work in the public sector then or suckle at its teet.

You must work in the public sector then or suckle at its teet.

No I don't as it happens and besides, weren't public sector workers a worried group when the figures were further broken down. Having said that......how many people aren't affected by public sector cuts as most with businesses for example will experience less custom if many in society ie public sector workers, will be spending less due to employment fears or reduced wages or even redundancy?

I live in S Wales and I'm not really worried. I don't recognize the Wales that some of the doom merchants, Armageddon types on this forum seem to portray. :lol:

Is not the doom in Wales reported by TMT a Welsh person? I do not think it is all posters saying doom and gloom.

Is not the doom in Wales reported by TMT a Welsh person? I do not think it is all posters saying doom and gloom.

I believe you are correct..... But there are others too but I don't want to name them and start a pointless argument. I'm just speaking as I find. I'm by no means wealthy and although I haven't had a wage increase for a couple of years.....my salary in nominal terms has continued to increase due to more over-time being available If I think of a couple of my drinking mates......they'd say the same as me except they have had wage increases and work in manufacturing. It's not all doom and gloom.

Just proves that some of us are sick of immigrants.

Was talking to a chap yesterday who was deemed 'surplus to requirements' at work and was told his contract would not be renewed at the end of the month. Strangely enough the firm had taken on a Polish intern (working full time for free) the previous week and was in the process of getting another volunteer (the firm is a charity) from Poland who was willing to work three days a week for free. You really cant compete with people who are willing to do your job for free.

Was talking to a chap yesterday who was deemed 'surplus to requirements' at work and was told his contract would not be renewed at the end of the month. Strangely enough the firm had taken on a Polish intern (working full time for free) the previous week and was in the process of getting another volunteer (the firm is a charity) from Poland who was willing to work three days a week for free. You really cant compete with people who are willing to do your job for free.

If he was an employee then this is illegal.

If he was a contractor then tough. That's life.

The film indistry is nuts. Too many people chasing too few jobs.

Saying that there are a couple of media jobs id intern for free for - Hollyoaks bra fitter, stunt c.ck in Megan Fox up coming pron flick, victoria secret gusset adjuster.