House Price Crash Forum

£3.65M

HOLA441
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

From the outside, it looks more like a factory or office building than a house.

On the end of a shit hole street in a nothing town in the NE of England. There are very few people with that kind of cash to splash in the NE, and I doubt any of them will want to live there.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

From the outside, it looks more like a factory or office building than a house.

On the end of a shit hole street in a nothing town in the NE of England. There are very few people with that kind of cash to splash in the NE, and I doubt any of them will want to live there.

If anything, it lowers the tone of the street!

HOLA447
HOLA448

This must be the most bizarre property on RightMove -- the picture on Google StreetView is hilarious. Why not build a £3.5 mansion between a row of £25,000 terraced houses and a car dealership (though I guess the dealership is technically across the other side of the A road)?

HOLA449

I'd love to hear what the locals have to say about whoever built that/lives in it!!!

£3m my f****g ar*e...... It wouldn't get that much in Sandbanks.... and they have loopy prices there.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Why isn't this is in the Most Overpriced Sh*thole forum.

A quick search found these gems:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/house-and-home/property/britains-best-homes-the-proud-owners-of-some-leading-contenders-invite-us-through-their-keyholes-792618.html

"I reckon it's worth about £5m"

http://property.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/property/buying_and_selling/article3327940.ece

"The final bill was far more than Keen had anticipated, and local agents are dubious that he’d get more than £1m for it, because of the location"

Pure comedy gold.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

This house has just come on the market near me for £3.65m. looks impressive although if you use the Google StreetView on the RightMove link it spoils the party somewhat.

3 and half mil to live in Bishop Auckland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where do they think that they are going to find someone that daft?

tim

HOLA4420

http://property.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/property/buying_and_selling/article3327940.ece

"The final bill was far more than Keen had anticipated, and local agents are dubious that he’d get more than £1m for it, because of the location"

Owned by Mike Keen, 51 (owns furniture distribution company)

"We spent a year planning and designing and two years building the house. We christened it Tindale Towers, after the name of the house originally on the site, which we demolished – and we also wanted to make it sound grand. It has, after all, four storeys, and a real sense of size. The five bedrooms each have their own bathroom. Three are for my children; then there is a guest bedroom, and a penthouse suite that takes over the whole top floor.

The brief I gave our architect, John Lavender, was simple: I wanted everything I could possibly think of. I wanted it to be big. I was keen on it being more like an office block or a hotel than a home. I was after some real scale. Style-wise, we decided to go with something approaching Art Deco, or like a Spanish villa.

One of my favourite parts of the house – apart from the swimming pool and specially built dance floor, which my lady likes to use when she's had a drink – is the kitchen. It has this curved work-surface against a curved wall. We had all these contractors up from London who said they couldn't properly craft curved counters. But we hired a local joiner who made a granite-topped oak job without much fuss.

My next favourite room is the bar. I can sit there and still have a cigarette with my pint of lager. You could get 50 people in there, easy. We've got all the trimmings: a squirty Coca-Cola gun and beer from the barrel, which we get straight from the local wholesaler.

Although the house didn't cost very much to build, I reckon it's worth about £5m. The garden came to around £25,000, and has been crafted by a landscape gardener in a Mediterranean or Beverly Hills style. We didn't want anything English."

You were all too quick to mock. It seems that the property has a squirty Coca-Cola gun so the valuation is more than justified.

Is the dance floor specially built to take the weight?

HOLA4421

Owned by Mike Keen, 51 (owns furniture distribution company)

"We spent a year planning and designing and two years building the house. We christened it Tindale Towers, after the name of the house originally on the site, which we demolished – and we also wanted to make it sound grand. It has, after all, four storeys, and a real sense of size. The five bedrooms each have their own bathroom. Three are for my children; then there is a guest bedroom, and a penthouse suite that takes over the whole top floor.

The brief I gave our architect, John Lavender, was simple: I wanted everything I could possibly think of. I wanted it to be big. I was keen on it being more like an office block or a hotel than a home. I was after some real scale. Style-wise, we decided to go with something approaching Art Deco, or like a Spanish villa.

One of my favourite parts of the house – apart from the swimming pool and specially built dance floor, which my lady likes to use when she's had a drink – is the kitchen. It has this curved work-surface against a curved wall. We had all these contractors up from London who said they couldn't properly craft curved counters. But we hired a local joiner who made a granite-topped oak job without much fuss.

My next favourite room is the bar. I can sit there and still have a cigarette with my pint of lager. You could get 50 people in there, easy. We've got all the trimmings: a squirty Coca-Cola gun and beer from the barrel, which we get straight from the local wholesaler.

Although the house didn't cost very much to build, I reckon it's worth about £5m. The garden came to around £25,000, and has been crafted by a landscape gardener in a Mediterranean or Beverly Hills style. We didn't want anything English."

facepalm_picard.jpg

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
Although the house didn't cost very much to build, I reckon it's worth about £5m

A house it at most worth the value of the land plus the current cost of rebuilding the house as it is.

I doubt the land is worth much in that location, so why the heck does he think it's worth 5m give that he himself says it didn't cost much to build??!

How can someone like this be a businessman??

Edited by wise_eagle

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

I love the total randomness of his valuation.

This bit is sensible though:

'We had all these contractors up from London who said they couldn't properly craft curved counters. But we hired a local joiner who made a granite-topped oak job without much fuss.'