House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Bang

I do like it when someone suddenly drops their price... it shows that some people are realising that the EA was talking out of their ar*e, or maybe the seller was a bit deluded.

In this instance the seller drops the price after only 2 weeks on the market...

Wham bam thankyou mam!

I do like it when someone suddenly drops their price... it shows that some people are realising that the EA was talking out of their ar*e, or maybe the seller was a bit deluded.

Wham bam thankyou mam!

Still 4 x what it should be.

uugghhh, fashion victim feature wall paper alert in the pics.....

Disgusting.

I'd love to view a house like that... and slag it all off.... "hmmm, that wallpaper will need to come off, those cheap floors will need replacing, as for the summer house......... bleuchhh!!!" :D

doesn't look that expensive considering rents in that postcode are c. 800 pcm, maybe 10% overpriced??

unless reduction of housing benefits is going to hit hard

is Worthing a bit rough in these parts?

(by comparison, nicer parts of Leeds/surrounds still have a steadfast disconnection between rents and purchase price - 160k houses where rents are 550 pcm; but rougher parts have crashed albeit with a delusion-bounce; Essex/Billericay similar - the difference in over-pricing around the country is remarkable)

Edited by Si1

doesn't look that expensive considering rents in that postcode are c. 800 pcm, maybe 10% overpriced??

unless reduction of housing benefits is going to hit hard

is Worthing a bit rough in these parts?

(by comparison, nicer parts of Leeds/surrounds still have a steadfast disconnection between rents and purchase price - 160k houses where rents are 550 pcm; but rougher parts have crashed albeit with a delusion-bounce)

Worthing itself is fine, this outer suburb (Durrington) is souless in the best bits... bit rough in the worst bits.

I consider this an average house, but as an average mortgage (4x average salary) is £100k, I think it is still £50k over priced. Even if I was stupid enough to borrow £150k, and interests rates go up (no sniggering at the back), I couldn't afford the repayments.

Worthing itself is fine, this outer suburb (Durrington) is souless in the best bits... bit rough in the worst bits.

I consider this an average house, but as an average mortgage (4x average salary) is £100k, I think it is still £50k over priced. Even if I was stupid enough to borrow £150k, and interests rates go up (no sniggering at the back), I couldn't afford the repayments.

interesting - what are housing benefits like down there? many people clearly on them?

Wham bam thankyou mam!

What was the previous asking price?

interesting - what are housing benefits like down there? many people clearly on them?

Housing benefit for a 2 bed place is £650 to £675.

Hard to say how many people on HB... and without the stats I would only be guessing... Worthing itself doesn't shout "benefits claimants"... as oppose to some areas of Bognor and Littlehampton.... and rough parts of Brighton.

I was in Castleford a couple of years ago... now that does appear to be benefit claimants central!

Nice enough house. I'd quite one that looks like that. £160k though - 'kinell. :blink:

Similar style house in my preferred location of Norwich is about £110k - still too much, imho. Waiting for decent 2/3 bedroom townhouses to fetch 5 figure sums before I buy again.

I'd love to view a house like that... and slag it all off.... "hmmm, that wallpaper will need to come off, those cheap floors will need replacing, as for the summer house......... bleuchhh!!!" :D

It does make me wonder what makes these people tick when I look at some of these houses. It's like they are sheep who must follow the consumerist diktats pumped out by the media, and can't help but fill their weekends by visiting Argos, Ikea (for some ART!), B&Q etc and doing their house up to what they think is unique yet is utterly mindless and conformist. I'm amazed at how few books or signs of any hobbies you find in these house photos. Maybe all they do is go to work and come home to watch property shows and X-Factor.

My pet hate is those w4nkee high-backed dining sets.

Edited by BlueRat

I'm amazed at how few books or signs of any hobbies you find in these house photos. Maybe all they do is go to work and come home to watch property shows and X-Factor.

To be fair though Estate Agents do recommend that vendors 'depersonalise' their homes as much as possible when it is time to sell. :)

To be fair though Estate Agents do recommend that vendors 'depersonalise' their homes as much as possible when it is time to sell. :)

poor sellers, they can't win, the other day someone linked to a house where the vendor had left his mandolin lying around and everyone laughed. ;)

Wham bam thankyou mam!

Realistically worth about 40k, if that? bad neighbours could make it almost worthless?