House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Former Bank Boss Sir Fred 'the Shred' Goodwin 'used Superinjunction To Hide Relationship With Senior Colleague'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1388682/Sir-Fred-Goodwin-used-superinjunction-hide-relationship-senior-colleague.html

Sir Fred 'the Shred' Goodwin used a superinjunction to hide an alleged relationship with a senior colleague, a Liberal Democrat peer revealed today.

Using Parliamentary privilege, Lord Stoneham revealed details of the former chief executive of Royal Bank of Scotland’s court order.

Liberal Democrat MP John Hemming first revealed that the shamed banker had an superinjunction in the House of Commons – although did not reveal any details.

Today Lord Stoneham said: ‘Every taxpayer has a direct public interest in the events leading up to the collapse of the Royal Bank of Scotland, so how can it be right for a super-injunction to hide the alleged relationship between Sir Fred Goodwin and a senior colleague.

‘If true, it would be a serious breach of cooperate governance and not even the Financial Services Authority would be allowed to know about it.’

Clearly the question is was this affecting his judgement/decisions whilst running RBS into the ground?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/8523323/Sir-Fred-Goodwin-obtained-injunction-to-hide-alleged-affair-with-senior-colleague.html

The Royal Bank of Scotland's code of conduct recommends that staff inform management about any relationships which pose a potential conflict of interest. It is not known whether Sir Fred revealed details about the alleged relationship to the board.

It is only a recommendation and would clearly only apply to the proles.

http://www.ft.com/cm...s#axzz1Mnq8Xzae

Fresh details of the draconian injunction protecting Sir Fred Goodwin, former

chief executive of Royal Bank of Scotland were exposed on Thursday by a peer on

the floor of the House of Lords.

Lord Stoneham, speaking on behalf of Lord Oakeshott, used parliamentary

privilege to argue that every taxpayer had a direct public interest in the

events leading up to the near-collapse of RBS at the height of the financial

crisis, which survived only with a £20bn taxpayer bailout.

"So how can it be right for a super-injunction

to hide the alleged relationship between Sir Fred Goodwin and a senior

colleague," he said. "If true it would be a serious breach of corporate

governance and not even the Financial Services Authority would know about it."

Is that the same Lord Oakeshott of "Foundation X" fame?

:o

So who is this 'senior colleague' and why isn't he/she similary disgraced?

Probably part of said injunction ? And if it is then let's get the House of Lords outing them !

Would be interesting to know if it was an exec from one of the highly impacted areas of RBS's demise ? Now that would get interesting.

an injunction to protect reputations?

If these guys are bad, then their reputations are a lie, they are a lie, and we cant have the law supporting a lie...

Probably part of said injunction ? And if it is then let's get the House of Lords outing them !

Would be interesting to know if it was an exec from one of the highly impacted areas of RBS's demise ? Now that would get interesting.

To be fair, we are assuming that it was a sexual relationship with an RBS employee. This is what most of the rumours have said since day one. But there is another rumour that it was a business relationship, and not with an RBS employee.

I'm sure the truth will out.

To be fair, we are assuming that it was a sexual relationship with an RBS employee. This is what most of the rumours have said since day one. But there is another rumour that it was a business relationship, and not with an RBS employee.

Bribery Act 1st July 2011.

Bribery Act 1st July 2011.

:

Are you saying the Act is retrospective? i.e. will cover offences that happened several years ago (before Goodwin quit)

I understand no guidance has been issued yet:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bribery_Act_2010

The Secretary of State for Justice has yet to publish guidance on the interpretation and use of the Act and has announced that it will not come into force until at least three months after such guidance is made available.

Now if it's someone within ABN Amro that could be very interesting indeed especially if they are where involved in the deal to buy it at a hugely inflated price which ultimately helped sink RBS.

:

Are you saying the Act is retrospective? i.e. will cover offences that happened several years ago (before Goodwin quit)

I understand no guidance has been issued yet:

http://en.wikipedia....ribery_Act_2010

I have no idea...Bribery has always beena component of fraud, dont know why they need an act of parliament.

Some of us have already worked it out (I think). Google former head of RBS America's and one of RBS's highest paid bankers.

Some of us have already worked it out (I think). Google former head of RBS America's and one of RBS's highest paid bankers.

Is it a bloke?

She isn't the one I came up with.

Nor me

The one I came up with had a face like a bag of spanners - oooffhh ... I wouldn't touch it with yours!!!