House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Who Foots The Bill For Returning Items Under Warranty?

Anyone got any ideas on who is responsible for the cost of returning items under warranty. I was under the impression that it was the companies responsibility for any costs incurred.

I have a feeling this might get interesting as I bought the laptop from ebuyer, but they then passed me onto the manufacturer for the warranty. Are ebuyer responsible for any costs incurred sending this back. Any idea on what consumer legislation this is covered by.

Usually they issue an rma - that often contains a postage paid sticker or somesuch for you to print and stick on, or send out a courier to collect.

Rather depends on why it's gone, and how long you have had it. There are fairly firm guidelines on this issued by the gov.

From Which

"As well as the rights you have when shopping online or from a catalogue, you have rights under the Sale of Goods Act that apply to things you buy in person. This says that items must be 'fit for the purpose', as described, and of satisfactory quality.

If you have to return a faulty item, give the shop the chance to collect it or ask for the cost of postage back."