House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pluto

Oh My God Chingford!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-401...pa_n=1&tr_t=buy

Totally unreal for a 2 bed apartment for Chingford. These builders are drinking too much Jesus juice.

Pluto's math = Land or share of it 45K, Apartment 55K Total: 100K

How did we go from 100K to 440K?

Inquiring minds would like to know.

I just showed this wonderful apartment to my wife (who is still laughing her a_rse off), and the advert says: "From 440K" How silly of me to think they would even settle for the 440K.

Oh, and lets not forget the "Communal terrestrial television aerial" that comes included in the price. I was angry at these adverts, but now they are kinda funny.

Edited by Pluto

I just showed this wonderful apartment to my wife (who is still laughing her a_rse off), and the advert says: "From 440K" How silly of me to think they would even settle for the 440K.

Oh, and lets not forget the "Communal terrestrial television aerial" that comes included in the price. I was angry at these adverts, but now they are kinda funny.

Yep, I reached that stage a year or two back. Each time my local rag arrives, I look at the prices and have a damn good chuckle. I chuckle even more these days when I see the same properties still stuck on the market for over 12 months, with a slow chip away of £5k evey 3 months off the price in the belief that suddenly they will sell. Jokers.

Still, I reserve the biggest laughs for those that have seen £50k+ chopped off and still haven't sold - because they are still comically overpriced.

Once you learn to laugh, the property market can be a lot of fun. :D

Nomadd

Yep, I know these flats - overlooking the golf course next to the station. Rediculously overpriced.

The block of Redrow flats opposite Morrisons in South Chingford is also comically overpriced - 160k for a 1bed! My how I laughed.

Yep, I know these flats - overlooking the golf course next to the station. Rediculously overpriced.

The block of Redrow flats opposite Morrisons in South Chingford is also comically overpriced - 160k for a 1bed! My how I laughed.

These builders are really funny how they try and pump up their new builds. The descriptions for the flats near chingford station are especially funny. Gems like "gated community"; aren't prisons gated communties also..and mentioning wierd sounding names for plumbing and lighting fixtures.

The one that takes the biscuit is still ""Communal terrestrial television aerial". Isn't that a code name for a 10 squid attic arial?

Still 440K for a two bed flat in North Chingford sounds very reasonable..I think I'll buy two of them..wait...they have 7 for sale I see..Hmm maybe I'll buy 3 before they double in price. I'll have to be quick though. haha..

Guest KingCharles1st

Simple maths really-

Property value= 200K

Advertising value- Saatchi & Saatchi= 240K

Pluto's math = Land or share of it 45K, Apartment 55K Total: 100K

How did we go from 100K to 440K?

:D

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-626...pa_n=1&tr_t=buy

"Out of control" Chingford is as it once more. The above house has just been lised for, get this, 575,000K pound. Yep..that's sterling not monopoly money if anyone's wondering.

There is no limits to current property owners greed. A decent offer would be 225K.

I know this house you obvioulsy dont!

A realistic price in todays market would be £500k

as a STRenter I want the maket to crash like most people on this forum. So if you can stick with informed information, I would be most grateful!

When I sold my house I tested out the market to get the best price possible.Dioes this nake me a greedy B? I suppose you would sell your house(if you every owned one that is) at 200k below your EA's valuation.

Pratt is the word that comes to mind.

Wadisgod

I know this house you obvioulsy dont!

A realistic price in todays market would be £500k

as a STRenter I want the maket to crash like most people on this forum. So if you can stick with informed information, I would be most grateful!

When I sold my house I tested out the market to get the best price possible.Dioes this nake me a greedy B? I suppose you would sell your house(if you every owned one that is) at 200k below your EA's valuation.

Pratt is the word that comes to mind.

Wadisgod

You sound like the owner - and yes I do know the area very well - and there is not way that house is worth anywhere near 575K or 500K or 400K or even 300K. We'll see what price this house actually sells - if it ever does.

As for today's markets..they'll soon be yesterday's markets.

Well Chingford is classic 'white flight' country so you might expect prices to hold up there for a bit longer than most! If you believe the ONS' population latest data people are leaving places like Newham, Hackney and Barking in droves!

Well Chingford is classic 'white flight' country so you might expect prices to hold up there for a bit longer than most! If you believe the ONS' population latest data people are leaving places like Newham, Hackney and Barking in droves!

Yes, I agree. I would also give a premium for North Chingford around the Station, but South Chingford and Chingford Mount aren't that great, and to see a 4 bedder come up for sale in these areas for 575K is quite frankly taking the piss.

I see they have removed it from Rightmove. They must have sold it or realized how idiotic their asking price was.

You sound like the owner - and yes I do know the area very well - and there is not way that house is worth anywhere near 575K or 500K or 400K or even 300K. We'll see what price this house actually sells - if it ever does.

As for today's markets..they'll soon be yesterday's markets.

Find me one like that for 300k and I will buy it!

I am serious.

Please show me one at that price.

I know you will not be able to which proves your living in a sad fantasy world.

Wadisgod

I am serious.

Wadisgod

Find me a serious buyer with 575K to blow and I will help them!

I am serious.

Please show me a mug with that sort of money.

I know you will not be able to which proves you live in a sad fantasy world.

I am serious.

Wadisgod

Just wait for the forced sales to kick in and the owner will be on his knees begging for 300K. 575K will seem like a wet dream.

I think you've watched too many episodes of footballers' wives. I don't think too many footballers will be looking to move to to the top of Chingford Mount. Have you ever been to Chingford Mount after 9PM at the weekends? Here's a tip: If you do keep your eyes and ears open - and stay on your toes!

Here is some history of this road. There were a couple of houses sold for over 500K but this was in the peak of 2004.

In my opinion property will return to these levels ans lower. The owner of this property is in DENIAL - like 80 % of houseowners in the UK.

24 May 2002 3 Mount Echo Drive, Waltham Forest, London,Greater London E4 7LA Semi-Detached £286,000 FH

30 Oct 2001 43 Mount Echo Drive, Waltham Forest, London,Greater London E4 7LA Semi-Detached £280,000 FH

15 Oct 2001 27 Mount Echo Drive, Waltham Forest, London,Greater London E4 7LA Terraced £304,995 FH

13 Aug 2001 13 Mount Echo Drive, Waltham Forest, London,Greater London E4 7LA Terraced £223,500 FH

08 Jun 2001 20 Mount Echo Drive, Waltham Forest, London,Greater London E4 7LB Semi-Detached £200,000 FH

20 Apr 2001 15 Mount Echo Drive, Waltham Forest, London,Greater London E4 7LA Semi-Detached £220,000 FH

20 Apr 2001 25 Mount Echo Drive, Waltham Forest, London,Greater London E4 7LA Semi-Detached £300,000 FH

23 Jan 2001 33 Mount Echo Drive, Waltham Forest, London,Greater London E4 7LA Terraced £289,995 FH

12 Dec 2000 2a Mount Echo Drive, Waltham Forest, London,Greater London E4 7LB Terraced £240,000 FH

10 Jul 2000 23 Mount Echo Drive, Waltham Forest, London,Greater London E4 7LA Semi-Detached £249,999 FH

30 May 2000 13 Mount Echo Drive, Waltham Forest, London,Greater London E4 7LA Terraced £150,000 FH

Edited by Pluto

Just wait for the forced sales to kick in and the owner will be on his knees begging for 300K. 575K will seem like a wet dream.

I think you've watched too many episodes of footballers' wives. I don't think too many footballers will be looking to move to to the top of Chingford Mount. Have you ever been to Chingford Mount after 9PM at the weekends? Here's a tip: If you do keep your eyes and ears open - and stay on your toes!

Here is some history of this road. There were a couple of houses sold for over 500K but this was in the peak of 2004.

In my opinion property will return to these levels ans lower. The owner of this property is in DENIAL - like 80 % of houseowners in the UK.

24 May 2002 3 Mount Echo Drive, Waltham Forest, London,Greater London E4 7LA Semi-Detached £286,000 FH

30 Oct 2001 43 Mount Echo Drive, Waltham Forest, London,Greater London E4 7LA Semi-Detached £280,000 FH

15 Oct 2001 27 Mount Echo Drive, Waltham Forest, London,Greater London E4 7LA Terraced £304,995 FH

13 Aug 2001 13 Mount Echo Drive, Waltham Forest, London,Greater London E4 7LA Terraced £223,500 FH

08 Jun 2001 20 Mount Echo Drive, Waltham Forest, London,Greater London E4 7LB Semi-Detached £200,000 FH

20 Apr 2001 15 Mount Echo Drive, Waltham Forest, London,Greater London E4 7LA Semi-Detached £220,000 FH

20 Apr 2001 25 Mount Echo Drive, Waltham Forest, London,Greater London E4 7LA Semi-Detached £300,000 FH

23 Jan 2001 33 Mount Echo Drive, Waltham Forest, London,Greater London E4 7LA Terraced £289,995 FH

12 Dec 2000 2a Mount Echo Drive, Waltham Forest, London,Greater London E4 7LB Terraced £240,000 FH

10 Jul 2000 23 Mount Echo Drive, Waltham Forest, London,Greater London E4 7LA Semi-Detached £249,999 FH

30 May 2000 13 Mount Echo Drive, Waltham Forest, London,Greater London E4 7LA Terraced £150,000 FH

Almost brought tears to my eyes... I grew up at the bottom, then the top of Chingford Mount. I remember walking to the shops when a kid to buy 50 strawberry sticks for 50p. Beckham went to the local primary school (I went to N Chingford)... jumpers for goalposts....

Also remember old "mum" Kray being buried there. Gaw blimey guv'nor.

That N Chingford flat for 440K made me p1ss myself. N Chingford is a miserable place, full of louts and drunkards. But it does have a country aspect and a train to Liverpool Street in 25 mins. But why would a rich young trendy City boy with money to burn want to live in a field?

I feel it is my duty to investigate all overly priced property in the E4 area and report it back to this forum for everyone's merryment. These homeowners and builders need to know when they are becoming too greedy.

I actually called the builders of the first flat at 440K and told them I was really interested, I asked them lots of questions about the flat and the surrounding area. I then asked them if there was typo in the price and should it have been 140K. They hung up on me...I wonder why?

Almost brought tears to my eyes... I grew up at the bottom, then the top of Chingford Mount. I remember walking to the shops when a kid to buy 50 strawberry sticks for 50p. Beckham went to the local primary school (I went to N Chingford)... jumpers for goalposts....

Also remember old "mum" Kray being buried there. Gaw blimey guv'nor.

That N Chingford flat for 440K made me p1ss myself. N Chingford is a miserable place, full of louts and drunkards. But it does have a country aspect and a train to Liverpool Street in 25 mins. But why would a rich young trendy City boy with money to burn want to live in a field?

Hopefully you will be right.

I thought we were talking about todays prices though, not some time in the future.

I still defy anyone on this forum to show me a similar property for 300k.

Lets all try to stick with reality.

Wadisgod

Hopefully you will be right.

I thought we were talking about todays prices though, not some time in the future.

I still defy anyone on this forum to show me a similar property for 300k.

Lets all try to stick with reality.

Wadisgod

http://www.findaproperty.co.uk/agent.aspx?...prop&pid=277852

This is the most expensive 2 bed flat I could find in North Chingford. Perhaps with the 210K spare change from 440K you might be able to buy a few plasma screen tvs to make up the difference?

So you all thought 440K was a little high for a two bed flat in Chingford? We this little gem's on the market at 525K (pounds not lira) It too is a two bed flat.

That's "FIVE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND POUNDS STERLING"

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-745...pa_n=1&tr_t=buy

I need to grab one of these puppies before a two bed flat in Chingford hits the 1M mark.

Does anyone have any idea what money is anymore? Am I dreaming, but is a two bed flat in chingford - really - going for over 1/2 million squid?

Let's see I can buy and rent one out:

525,000 * 0.07 = 36,750 per annum or 3,062 per month. That's getting me a 7% return on my money. On top of that I need to add the letting fees and some for maint. Lets say that's another 200/month.

So I would have to rent this place for 3,262/month (or 107/day). These figures do not include utilities, tv license, and coucil taxes. If you add all that to the rent, you are looking at say, 120/day or so. I think decent room at a nice West End hotel would be cheaper, and you wouldn't have to make the beds every day.

Is there anyone prepared to pay 3,262/month (107/day) to rent in Chingford - in a two bed flat as well. Are my figures correct?

Someone please tell me that I have made a mistake, and this flat is really 125K not 525K. Maybe there is a natural gas well in the garden - oops there is no garden.

Edited by Pluto

Guest Bart of Darkness

Nice flat but not really "Penthouse" standard (except for the price!).

Would be too expensive at half the price.

Does anyone have any idea what money is anymore?

It seems not, but hopefully this will change before too long.

So you all thought 440K was a little high for a two bed flat in Chingford? We this little gem's on the market at 525K (pounds not lira) It too is a two bed flat.

That's "FIVE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND POUNDS STERLING"

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-745...pa_n=1&tr_t=buy

I need to grab one of these puppies before a two bed flat in Chingford hits the 1M mark.

Does anyone have any idea what money is anymore? Am I dreaming, but is a two bed flat in chingford - really - going for over 1/2 million squid?

Let's see I can buy and rent one out:

525,000 * 0.07 = 36,750 per annum or 3,062 per month. That's getting me a 7% return on my money. On top of that I need to add the letting fees and some for maint. Lets say that's another 200/month.

So I would have to rent this place for 3,262/month (or 107/day). These figures do not include utilities, tv license, and coucil taxes. If you add all that to the rent, you are looking at say, 120/day or so. I think decent room at a nice West End hotel would be cheaper, and you wouldn't have to make the beds every day.

Is there anyone prepared to pay 3,262/month (107/day) to rent in Chingford - in a two bed flat as well. Are my figures correct?

Someone please tell me that I have made a mistake, and this flat is really 125K not 525K. Maybe there is a natural gas well in the garden - oops there is no garden.

I know that road very well, used to hang around there smoking when I was a kid. Literally a few yards away you can get huge f-off Victorian houses with 4-5 beds and loads of space for less than that.

http://www.houseprices.co.uk/e.php?q=E4+7AJ&n=10&f=pd

Utterly, utterly insane. If they find people to buy that at that price, I'm off to sell them penguin insurance.