House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OLDFTB

Latest From Expats House Selling Thread

Some quotes:

"do not forget we have dropped by 50K since we 1st put it on the market"

"Just stupid offers from people that are not even sold there house or put theirs on the market."

"it gives hope to folk like me still waiting to sell blasted houses"

"Price drop by £15K to see if that attracts anything"

"We have had the house on the market for 2 months and only two viewings, how pants is that. We have now re-advertised saying that we will pay the stamo duty with is £9,000."

"Well we don't want to reduce at all, and the house IS worth the money, but if we want to sell we're gonna have to give it away at this rate!"

Link: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread....7&page=11&pp=15

We'll still be reading the same stuff in a years time!

a friend from work had owned a flat for three years..

Had enough equity to buy a bar and a home in corfu..

in three years.,....

lol...

good luck to him.. he bought a home.. its was devon.. it trebbled.. he saw a bar.. did some maths..

but.. who in their right minds thinks this can carry on>?

he never thought he deserved it.. he just saw an opportunity..

I get the odd smirking pic e-mailed..

Guest Bart of Darkness
a friend from work had owned a flat for three years..

Had enough equity to buy a bar and a home in corfu..

in three years.,....

lol...

good luck to him.. he bought a home.. its was devon.. it trebbled.. he saw a bar.. did some maths..

but.. who in their right minds thinks this can carry on>?

he never thought he deserved it.. he just saw an opportunity..

I get the odd smirking pic e-mailed..

A lot of people on the Sinking Pig like to go on about renters "paying the mortgages" of their landlords, but here we have an example where the peoople who bought your mates place are, by paying well over its real value, paying for his bar, and probably will be for the next 25 years.

Well we don't want to reduce at all, and the house IS worth the money

Strewth, how many more times?

A house is only "worth" what someone is prepared to pay for it!

Edited by Bart of Darkness

There people often talk about offering to pay the stamp duty. For example, this seller got an offer 5k under the asking price and then say they are also paying the stamp duty. So thats not an offer 5k under asking. I can understand why builders offer gimicks like this to pretend that prices are higher than they are, but why does an ordinary seller bother? Why not just drop the asking price. Very strange.

Have I missed something?

There people often talk about offering to pay the stamp duty. For example, this seller got an offer 5k under the asking price and then say they are also paying the stamp duty. So thats not an offer 5k under asking. I can understand why builders offer gimicks like this to pretend that prices are higher than they are, but why does an ordinary seller bother? Why not just drop the asking price. Very strange.

Have I missed something?

I think it has something to do with the amount of deposit you need. Less than 10% deposit and you pay higher interest rates. Pay the stamp duty and I can add that amount to the deposit and I just might buy it if my loan is .5 of a % less.

Have I missed something?

It allows a buyer to have ZERO cash saved, or maybe just getaway with a few hundred quid. Having your solictor, stamp duty, deposit etc paid by the seller allow those last few fools to not "miss the boat" ;)

Edited by kinesin

Ding! Ding! All aboard the SS Titanic! :blink:

But its so hard. I know of this really cool flat, and if I stretch myself and borrow from my family (just a bit mind you... well, quite a bit of a bit) I could have it. And I really really want it. And its been on the market for about 5 months (worry? and OK so I would have to live in the vicinity of 'the hood' :unsure: which really puts subsequent buyers off :o ... but... ), they won't take what I can afford (even though it is really cheap already for London ) I am really scared that those pesky other buyers will jump in and buy it before the prices come crashing down... I really am sitting on the brink :(

They've mentioned the C word....

Yeah that's what it's all about I reckon. I think there IS signs of a crash of some sort and people are simply holding back from committing.

The agent we see today said he'd come across a couple that had viewed and found about 5 houses that were all decent, offered i think it was 30 or 40 thou under the asking price, and would go with whoever was desperate enough to drop that much!

Gutting tho as the market REALLY is crap! ...

Reply...

i tell you what mate if anyone offers me that they will have to visit a dentist!!

i would seriously consider remortgage and rent out etc etc and look at it again in 12 months time

:ph34r: