House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Remember The World Ends On Saturday - 6Pm

My linhttp://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-preacher-warns-end-of-the-world-is-nigh-21-may-around-6pm-to-be-precise-2254139.html

The end of the world is nigh; 21 May, to be precise. That's the date when Harold Camping, a preacher from Oakland, California, is confidently predicting the Second Coming of the Lord. At about 6pm, he reckons 2 per cent of the world's population will be immediately "raptured" to Heaven; the rest of us will get sent straight to the Other Place.

No idea if this is 6pm US time (although not sure which US timezone it will be) or if this is GM.

I wonder if he's prepared a sermon for Sunday if nothing happens?

So anyone who's organised a night out is going to be a little disappointed, better make the most of Friday night before we are all condemned to external damnation. I'm a little surprised the giant squid hasn't had a word about the world ending.

Barman: Are you serious, sir? I mean, do you really think the world's going to end this afternoon?

Ford: Yes, in just over one minute and thirty-five seconds.

Barman: Well, isn't there anything we can do?

Ford: Nothing.

Barman: I always thought we were meant to lie down or put a paper bag over our head or something.

Ford: If you like, yes.

Barman: Will that help?

Ford: No. Excuse me, I've got to find my friend.

Barman: Oh, well then, last orders please!

Can't it wait till after Dr Who?

Preferably the last episode of series 64.

Now even the CDC are getting involved with "Zombie Apocalypse" trending on Twitter and the other social websites and news sites as Saturday approaches:

http://gothamist.com/2011/05/19/apocalypse_soon_enough_evangelicals.php

This includes where you would go and who you would call if zombies started appearing outside your doorstep.

Don't phone the council. They'd be useless. I think Rentokil would be a the best bet. Any ideas?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13468131

An atheist and entrepreneur from North Hampshire, Bart Centre, is enjoying a boost in business for Eternal Earth-bound Pets, which he set up to look after the pets of those who believe they will be raptured.

He has more than 250 clients who are paying up to $135 (£83) to have their pets picked up and cared for after the rapture.

They would be disappointed twice, he told the Wall Street Journal. "Once because they weren't raptured and again because I don't do refunds."

:D

My linhttp://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-preacher-warns-end-of-the-world-is-nigh-21-may-around-6pm-to-be-precise-2254139.html

No idea if this is 6pm US time (although not sure which US timezone it will be) or if this is GM.

Really, I better mow my lawn this morning, I had planned to cut the grass on Sunday.

So today is the end of the world - righty ho then. The funniest thing I've heard is that some people in America who are atheists have taken their pets to their Christian friends to look after post rapture - This will take some explaining. Okay pets are going to be saved and raptured along with all the believers - see the thing that I don't get is if these fooking weird atheists actually believe the world's going to end why don't believe enough to be saved ? Surely this has to be the most fkced up logic ever ? Quite apart from the fact if pets are to be saved do they actually have to be round a Christians house at the time of rapture ? Couldn't god just take them from where they are ? Do they need to take dog food and a water bowl ? Will they need a vaccination card to get into heaven ?

So at 6pm, one of us could be sat in a room with a God bother. On the stroke of 6pm, this person would vanish into thin air, and we'd be left.

Can people please provide real time updates on people they know who vanish at 6pm?

Gather at Old Trafford for 6pm.Sir Alex will ensure we all get an extra 6 minutes.

I find it amazing that all those years ago, the Mayans could calculate these things accurately. Pity subsequenty "enlightened" individuals in positions of power decided to banish this knowledge and the general populace still rely on "enlightened" individuals to lead them even to this day.

One little bug bear, the definition of Armageddon which is associated with this date has become misconstrued mainly from the New Testament to mean the end of the world when in fact it means to celebrate a new cycle. Religion again.....

Surely, though, we will only know if they calculated the end of the world accurately on 21.12.12?B) At which point, I'll be posting a 'You were right, tr1cks5t3r' as I go up in a puff of smoke, or whatever.:o

This is not news.....the world is ending every hour, every minute of every day...I am sure the world will end for some today at 6pm. ;)

I take it all the world's most gorgeous women are about to be rogered senseless at 3 minutes to six on Saturday! :blink:

I asked/offered for a few, purely as a public service, you understand, right up until the fuzz came round and politely but firmly told me to stop bothering any more ladies.

i don't know, when they give a neat earth time like 6pm on the dot i have my doubts already, can't imagine celestial time really ties in with earth solar time that well

Well, I'm still here, but there's not sign of anyone else around.... everything inside and outside the house is quiet...Oh, I just heard the wife upstairs. At least, I think it was her.

This is not news.....the world is ending every hour, every minute of every day...I am sure the world will end for some today at 6pm. ;)

it did for luton fans.

i don't know, when they give a neat earth time like 6pm on the dot i have my doubts already, can't imagine celestial time really ties in with earth solar time that well

"But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father." Mark 13:32

...repeated many times in the Bible.

I guess that American preacher hasn't read the Good Book in full. :(

strange...only me an blobblobob are reading this thread..

only bs, ls and os have survived.

Sorry lads, I'm here too!

ok, thats bs.ls.os. ts hs es s ns s and ys