House Price Crash Forum

Mpc Scores On The Door.. 3-0-6

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

When are they meeting?

Given the runaway headline rate and Merv going public these last 10 days or so that rises were in the pipeline I reckon it is this Month.

Up.25%

Not going to happen. We are being lied to. Merv knows what he is doing - and it's not the same as the things he says...

:angry:

HOLA446

3-0-6 last month

I reckon.. 2-0-7 this month !

I think Broadbent (?) will come in with a vote to increase. He's signalled previously that he's on the hawkish side I think. I very much doubt he will be as hawkish as sentence though!

HOLA447

I'm surprised they haven't raised by 0.25%. Would make very little difference, but give them a small amount of credibility.

Right now the BoE and especially Merv are looking far out of their depth and they're continually misleading us to try to make it look ok, but it looks worse.

HOLA448

A full on HPC will ruin this country. A dose of inflation will only hurt this country.

Whcih way will Merv go? Blindingly obvious IMO.

Its ALL about house prices in UK Plc which is 70% driven and sustained by them. The BoE are there to serve the housing market and the Banksters who feed off it.

HOLA449

It was 3-0-6 again (Sentance's last meeting):

http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/publications/minutes/mpc/pdf/2011/mpc1105.pdf

Regarding Bank Rate, six members of the Committee (the Governor, Charles Bean, Paul Tucker,

Paul Fisher, David Miles and Adam Posen) voted in favour of the proposition. Three members of the

Committee voted against the proposition. Andrew Sentance preferred to increase Bank Rate by

50 basis points. Spencer Dale and Martin Weale preferred to increase Bank Rate by 25 basis points.

HOLA4410
Regarding Bank Rate, six members of the Committee (the Governor, Charles Bean, Paul Tucker,

Paul Fisher, David Miles and Adam Posen) voted in favour of the proposition. Three members of the

Committee voted against the proposition. Andrew Sentance preferred to increase Bank Rate by

50 basis points. Spencer Dale and Martin Weale preferred to increase Bank Rate by 25 basis points.

Regarding the stock of asset purchases, eight members of the Committee (the Governor, Charles Bean,

Paul Tucker, Spencer Dale, Paul Fisher, David Miles, Andrew Sentance and Martin Weale) voted in

favour of the proposition. Adam Posen voted against the proposition, preferring to increase the size of

the asset purchase programme by £50 billion to a total of £250 billion

When is his term finishing with the BoE.

Whenever, it's not soon enough.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

A full on HPC will ruin this country. A dose of inflation will only hurt this country.

Its ALL about house prices in UK Plc which is 70% driven and sustained by them. The BoE are there to serve the housing market and the Banksters who feed off it.

Cannot fault what you are saying here RB. It's a completely rigged game where if they lose we'll all probably lose due to the whole fiat money system ceasing up.

HOLA4413

You are correct but the consequence of inflation is doing the job the higher IRs would do in eroding away Mr and Mrs Mew every diminishing disposable income with personal debt rates on credit cards etc taking off regardless. Coupled with the bangster spread between BOE and their own rates of lending and IRs are increasingly irrelevant.

The real sting in the tail is that QE funny money plus uncontrollable (with record IRs) imported inflation is a beast the Merv cannot and is not able to tame.

Factor in other countries raising IRs and our own BOE IRs over the next 18 months will be a matter of conjecture once a month and little more.

Chuck in a Black Swan and the UK is toast.

(would i also be correct in saying a lot of 2 and 3 year tracker deals are coming to an end and will be popped onto new and improved Bangster +% boe trackers? Making the BOE IRs even more out of step with reality)

HOLA4414

A full on HPC will ruin this country.

The real question is: do you want some pain now, or more pain later?

So far they've continually taken the "later" option.

An HPC isn't the end of the world. Some people struggle with negative equity until they save enough to pay down their debts, but life goes on. Last time (1989-1994) there were even negative equity mortgages so you could move house taking your negative equity with you.

HOLA4415

the consequence of inflation is doing the job the higher IRs would do

Except I still get a negative real rate on my savings and have to pay the higher fuel bills etc too - all for being prudent and not lying about my income on a mortgage application form.

HOLA4416

Old Lady retreats on inflation target to support the economic recovery.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/article-1388877/Old-Lady-retreats-inflation-target-support-economic-recovery.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

The Bank of England was last night accused of risking its credibility after a top official admitted it has quietly dropped the 2 per cent inflation target to bolster economic growth

Old Lady admits having dumped the inflation remit and so constructively resigns but still wants to carry on as before with the good wages, benefits and inflation linked pensions.

Mind you the dumping wasn't mentioned in any of the BoE's reports or in any of the various letters.

Give the job to someone who'll take it seriously.

Edited by billybong

HOLA4417