House Price Crash Forum
SarahBell

Ha Ha! Beat The Bailiff Bailiff Goes Bust

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/property/article-1387594/Lucie-Clayton-s-finishing-school-Sale-helps-Jamie-beat-bailiff.html

Britain’s best-known debt collector, Jamie Waller, star of BBC1’s Beat The Bailiff, has fallen victim to the house price crash himself and is auctioning off his partially completed redevelopment of The Old Pump House in Faringdon, Oxfordshire on Wednesday after the bank refused to lend him any more money.

Can we create a special sort of award for these people? Like Darwins but for money?

Perhaps Shoeshine awards?

Bear in mind the program's other presenter Lorne Spicer was declared bankrupt nn 4 December 2008

Waller will just break even if it achieves the £725,000 guide price. He bought it for £440,000 in 2006 and has spent £280,000 on the property.

This typifies everything that is wrong with the attitude towards property. Like the "Grand Design" house earlier this week, it's making headlines that people will be making little or no money on their house..

We're not talking a loss, just breaking even, and it's considered a calamity of print-worthy proportions.

:angry:

This typifies everything that is wrong with the attitude towards property. Like the "Grand Design" house earlier this week, it's making headlines that people will be making little or no money on their house..

We're not talking a loss, just breaking even, and it's considered a calamity of print-worthy proportions.

:angry:

I think he'll struggle to get the 2006 price he paid for it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/property/article-1387594/Lucie-Clayton-s-finishing-school-Sale-helps-Jamie-beat-bailiff.html

Britain’s best-known debt collector, Jamie Waller, star of BBC1’s Beat The Bailiff, has fallen victim to the house price crash himself and is auctioning off his partially completed redevelopment of The Old Pump House in Faringdon, Oxfordshire on Wednesday after the bank refused to lend him any more money.

Can we create a special sort of award for these people? Like Darwins but for money?

Perhaps Shoeshine awards?

Bear in mind the program's other presenter Lorne Spicer was declared bankrupt nn 4 December 2008

Flash c@@t best news ive heard all day.

Waller will just break even if it achieves the £725,000 guide price. He bought it for £440,000 in 2006 and has spent £280,000 on the property.

It was only back in July 2010 he was in the Daily Mail with this little setback. Then he set down his minimum sale price of £1.3 million pounds. :lol::angry:

Originally it was bought with the expectation it'd be worth £2.5 or £2.6 million with bankers annually always lending crazier amounts to borrowers who don't understand concept of value for money. :lol: :angry:

In 2010 it was reported he'd spent at least £400K doing it up, and your link story now reports a £280K spend.

Will it be my turn to beat the bailiff? BBC1's debt collector star Jamie Waller tells how he fell victim to the crash

26th July 2010

'Initially the project was valued on the basis of drawings at £2.6million and I arranged a loan to draw up to 70 per cent against that at key stages,' says Jamie.

'As the development progressed the bank revised the valuation, and finally I ran out of money. I want to sell, but not for less than £1.3million.'

http://www.dailymail...ctim-crash.html

see 2 of his comments below from the different links. Hes very certain he only wants to use the banks money for this isnt he? And if he cant get the bank to front the money, let someone else piss their cash away.

‘I’m hoping it will capture the imagination of a developer,’ says Jamie, 31. ‘I could put £300,000 of my own money into it but I no longer have the time to manage it.’

and....

I went through a long planning battle just to get to this stage, so it's going to be quite hard to give up, but it would cost me another £300,000 to finish and I'm not sure it's worth it.'

see 2 of his comments below from the different links. Hes very certain he only wants to use the banks money for this isnt he? And if he cant get the bank to front the money, let someone else piss their cash away.

'I'm hoping it will capture the imagination of a developer,' says Jamie, 31. 'I could put £300,000 of my own money into it but I no longer have the time to manage it.'

and....

I went through a long planning battle just to get to this stage, so it's going to be quite hard to give up, but it would cost me another £300,000 to finish and I'm not sure it's worth it.'

...tf?

...tf?

I understood CM and agree.

The auction was held yesterday. Don't know the result but my bet is it didn't sell within the guide price.

For me, house too big, unfinished, isolated, ugly, too much other land to maintain, and way too expensive for new market conditions. The site's history with water beneath the ground as pumping station doesn't give me confidence either.

Guide Price: £675,000 - £725,000

http://search.fisher...y/view/id/10082

PDF lot 8: http://fishergerman....20Low%20Res.Pdf

For me, house too big, unfinished, isolated, ugly, too much other land to maintain, and way too expensive for new market conditions. The site's history with water beneath the ground as pumping station doesn't give me confidence either.

Picture says it all.

a8a1d51fe30a26b5b85587c9e770c73c.jpg

The annexe housing the additional three bedrooms is strangely disconnected.