House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

Star Wars Educating The Kids On The Perils Of High Finance

Just before I left the house this morning my son had the cartoon network on and was watching an episode of the Clone Wars and it appears that Lucas has decided to educate the kids over banking.

The republic apparently needs more troops but lacked the finances to do it so the gist was they deregulated the finance markets which would allow them to borrow more money to fund the acquisition of troops. So the dark side is debt.

I'm not certain if the giant squid was involved in this or not.

Just before I left the house this morning my son had the cartoon network on and was watching an episode of the Clone Wars and it appears that Lucas has decided to educate the kids over banking.

The republic apparently needs more troops but lacked the finances to do it so the gist was they deregulated the finance markets which would allow them to borrow more money to fund the acquisition of troops. So the dark side is debt.

Did they cover sub-prime lending to Wookies and the impending default of the Planet Endor?

* Your planet may be destroyed by a Death Star if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage or any other financial product secured on it

* Your planet may be destroyed by a Death Star if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage or any other financial product secured on it

:lol:

Show us yer lightsaber ripoff!

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Republic_financial_reform_bill

Around 21 BBY, the Galactic Senate of the Republic debated and voted upon a bill that allowed for the government to open new lines of credit with the InterGalactic Banking Clan. The legislation was a reactionary move which would allow for greater defense spending in order to counter the high death toll afflicting the Grand Army of the Republic in its fight against the Droid Army of the Confederacy of Independent Systems during the Clone Wars. The bill was written and proposed by the Ishi Tib Senator Gume Saam and received wide support, but raised questions regarding the ability of the Republic to receive loans from major galactic financial institutions. As an answer to those questions, Senator Saam included provisions in his bill that would essentially deregulate the institutions, allowing them to grant loans indiscriminately and apply to them high interest rates.

A number of representatives who were well-known for their anti-war stances spoke out against the bill, claiming that taking out more loans and deregulating the banks would ultimately bankrupt the Republic. The deregulation provision was the most heavily debated clause within the bill, but Senator Saam, Senator Lott Dod, and representative Nix Card were determined to see it pass, primarily because they all either represented or profited from conglomerates like the Banking Clan. The three met their staunchest opposition in the form of Naboo's Senator Padmé Amidala, whose call for peace talks nearly derailed the bill.

Dod: "Bankruptcy is not necessary, my friends. If we pass Senator Saam's bill to open new lines of credit, we will gain access to the needed funds."

Mothma: "Wouldn't this bill essentially deregulate the banks?"

Burtoni: "A small price to pay to finance the war, is it not?"

Watched the A Team movie on DVD the other night- the plot was to recover missing plates to prevent the bad guys printing up billions of dollars of 'unbacked' US currency... :lol::lol::lol: